Windows Styles and Events Hunter :-D

Andrea Gavana

Jun 4, 2009, 6:16:40 AM6/4/09
to wxPytho...@googlegroups.com, wxPyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

there have been quite a few request in the recent posts for
help/assistance on the list about window styles, which events are
handled by a widget and what does an event look like for a particular
event class. So, I took a couple of hours to generate a little GUI
which might be helpful while looking up for window styles and events.
I termed it "EventsInStyle" :-D

@NOTE: EventsInStyle requires a working internet connection and no
firewalls interferences.

I attach the source code to this e-mail: if you find it useful, please
let me know. If there is any interest, we might possibly think to put
it in the demo (temporarily, until the wxPython documentation issues
will be resolved). Otherwise, feel free to use it as it is.

Description
===========

`EventsInStyle` is a small GUI which can be used to retrieve documentation about
events and widgets styles from the online SVN trunk wxWidgets docs.

`EventsInStyle` requires a working internet connection with no firewalls
interferences: having that, just double click on a tree item and `EventsInStyle`
will download the appropriate docs for the item (either window styles, events or
both, if present).

It then saves the downloaded data in a cPickle-based file so that the next time
you need to look at the already downloaded documentation for a particular
widget/event you won't need to waste time to download it again. Obviously, over
time the saved docs become obsolete, so you can delete the saved data
and freshly
download the updated documentation.

Supported Platforms
===================

`EventsInStyle` has been tested on the following platforms:

- Windows (verified on Windows XP)

License And Version

`EventsInStyle` is freeware and distributed under the wxPython license.

Latest revision: Andrea Gavana @ 04 June 2009, 11.00 GMT
Version 0.1

wxPython rules :-D

Andrea.