Quick question on wxWidgets and QNX

Carsten A. Arnholm

Sep 24, 2010, 2:10:33 PM9/24/10
to wx-u...@lists.wxwidgets.org
Hi,

I have just tried a free, non-commercial installation of QNX 6.5.0 (running
under VMware) and wrote a "Hello world" C++ program that worked. My question
is perhaps the obvious one: Has there been any progress lately in getting
wxWidgets running under QNX? Without knowing the details, it seems wxWidgets
would need to use QNX Photon (somewhere I saw it was claimed that Photon was
similar to GTK, but I don't know this myself).

Just curious at this stage. If something like this exists, it would be nice
to know about it.

--
Carsten A. Arnholm

Steve Barnes

Sep 24, 2010, 3:24:15 PM9/24/10
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

IIRC There was an attempt underway on the QNX Foundry community web site.

Gadget/Steve
> --
> Carsten A. Arnholm
>

> --
> Please read http://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.

arnholm

Sep 25, 2010, 5:10:46 PM9/25/10
to wx-users
Steve Barnes wrote:
> IIRC There was an attempt underway on the QNX Foundry community web
> site.
> Gadget/Steve

Ok, thanks. From what I can find on that site, there is little/nothing
conclusive from the last year. Perhaps there isn't enough "critical
mass".

Carsten Arnholm

Steve Barnes

Sep 25, 2010, 6:03:22 PM9/25/10
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

Oct 3, 2010, 9:01:30 AM10/3/10
to wx-users
I just had another look at this, using this starting point
http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/embedded.htm#wxmgl

It tells me to download wxWidgets via svn and read the docs/mgl/
install.txt file. I did, and it tells me to download "Scitech MGL
library" from http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/dev/wx_mgl_home.html,
but that whole site appears to be history and I can't find it
elsewhere.

End of story?

MortenMacFly

Oct 8, 2010, 11:50:21 AM10/8/10
to wx-users
> but that whole site appears to be history and I can't find it
> elsewhere.

What about this:
http://www.easyfreeware.com/scitech_mgl-14446-freeware.html
http://www.softlist.net/program/scitech_mgl-download.html

...at least I can d/l "something" (not tested though...).

MortenMacFly

Oct 8, 2010, 11:59:55 AM10/8/10
to wx-users

arnholm

Oct 9, 2010, 1:09:54 PM10/9/10
to wx-users
On Oct 8, 5:50 pm, MortenMacFly <mac-...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > but that whole site appears to be history and I can't find it
> > elsewhere.
>
> What about this:http://www.easyfreeware.com/scitech_mgl-14446-freeware.htmlhttp://www.softlist.net/program/scitech_mgl-download.html
>
> ...at least I can d/l "something" (not tested though...).

Hi Morten,

According to the docs/mgl/install.txt file "you need MGL version
5.0beta7 or
newer"

Both these sites offers MGL v4.05
http://www.easyfreeware.com/scitech_mgl-14446-freeware.html
http://www.softlist.net/program/scitech_mgl-download.html

you also pointed at
http://ftp.lanet.lv/ftp/mirror/x2ftp/msdos/programming/scitech/
but that stuff seems very old (~1998) and if I read it correctly it is
also
v4.05

Finding MGL version 5.0+ might be of interest, but it seems to me this
software is really no more. I could be interested to give it a try
with my
current QNX installation, but if I can't find it.....

It seems to me wxWidgets needs to use QNX Photon to work under QNX
http://www.qnx.com/products/hmi/photon.html