EVT_LIST_BEGIN_DRAG event not raised for wxListCtrl on Mac

Henry

Aug 5, 2009, 7:22:59 PM8/5/09
to wx-users
Hi all, I am struggling to understand why this event does not seem to
get raised on MacOS 10.4, even though the very same code has no
problem what so ever on Windows. Please note that drag and drop
itself seems to work on Mac; for example, this very same wxListCtrl
has a wxFileDropTarget, and that part works fine. So it seems to me
that the dragging FROM a wxWindow is not supported on MacOS.

Would appreciate any pointer...

w/ appreciation,
Henry

Vadim Zeitlin

Aug 6, 2009, 8:53:11 AM8/6/09
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:22:59 -0700 (PDT) Henry <henr...@gmail.com> wrote:

H> Hi all, I am struggling to understand why this event does not seem to
H> get raised on MacOS 10.4

Are you using the generic or native wxListCtrl version? If you use the
latter, switching to the former would probably fix your problem as not all
wxListCtrl functionality is implemented in the native version.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

Henry

Aug 6, 2009, 2:34:17 PM8/6/09
to wx-users
Thank you Vadim,

I tried putting in
wxSystemOptions::SetOption("mac.listctrl.always_use_generic", 1);
in the first line of the constructor of the main window, and didn't
see a change in behavior.

Thanks for the effort nevertheless.
-Henry