Configure with OpenGL

Dan Gudmundsson

Mar 29, 2012, 8:43:59 AM3/29/12
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

First time I take a look at 2.9
(sha ID: 0c81763b66) from github, i.e. yesterday snapshot.

On ubuntu 11.10
../configure
checking for OpenGL headers... found in /usr/include
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for GL... yes
checking for GLU... yes
checking for OpenGL library... -lGL
checking for OpenGL Utility library... -lGLU
checking for GLUT library... no (why would that be needed? when we
have wxWidgets)

Installation directory: /usr/local
Documentation directory: ${prefix}/share/doc/tiff-3.8.2
C compiler: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W
C++ compiler: g++ -g -O2
OpenGL support: no

From config.log

#define wxUSE_OPENGL 1
#define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 1

make
builds libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.9.so
Why does configure say that there is no OpenGL Support?

It took a long time before I run make and saw that it was built anyway.

/Dan

Vadim Zeitlin

Mar 29, 2012, 9:32:35 AM3/29/12
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:59 +0200 Dan Gudmundsson wrote:

DG> First time I take a look at 2.9
DG> checking for OpenGL Utility library... -lGLU
DG> checking for GLUT library... no (why would that be needed? when we
DG> have wxWidgets)

This comes from libtiff configure and not ours one.

DG> Installation directory: /usr/local
DG> Documentation directory: ${prefix}/share/doc/tiff-3.8.2
DG> C compiler: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -W
DG> C++ compiler: g++ -g -O2
DG> OpenGL support: no

This too, our own summary comes after "Configured wxWidgets 2.9.3 for ..."
line. We could add "OpenGL support" line to it if people think it's really
useful...

Regards,
VZ

Dan Gudmundsson

Mar 29, 2012, 9:48:32 AM3/29/12
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Vadim Zeitlin <va...@wxwidgets.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:59 +0200 Dan Gudmundsson wrote:
>
> DG> First time I take a look at 2.9
> DG> checking for OpenGL Utility library... -lGLU
> DG> checking for GLUT library... no     (why would that be needed? when we
> DG> have wxWidgets)
>
>  This comes from libtiff configure and not ours one.

ok thanks, that explains things..

> DG>   OpenGL support:                     no
>
>  This too, our own summary comes after "Configured wxWidgets 2.9.3 for ..."
> line. We could add "OpenGL support" line to it if people think it's really
> useful...

Well it fooled me, I guess I will not be the only one

>  Regards,
> VZ

While I'm looking (maybe fixing) the erlang port for wxWidgets-2.9 do
you want a list of what is not backwards compatible between 2.8.12 and
2.9-svn?

Or do you already know that, and is written somewhere?

Thanks
/Dan

Vadim Zeitlin

Mar 29, 2012, 9:59:11 AM3/29/12
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:48:32 +0200 Dan Gudmundsson wrote:

DG> While I'm looking (maybe fixing) the erlang port for wxWidgets-2.9 do
DG> you want a list of what is not backwards compatible between 2.8.12 and
DG> 2.9-svn?
DG>
DG> Or do you already know that, and is written somewhere?

docs/changes.txt has an "incompatible changes" section but it's not a
formal list. If you think you could make something more helpful for people
upgrading from 2.8, it would be welcome, of course.

Thanks,
VZ