[wx-dev] #9601: wxComboCtrl/wxTextCtrl->Disable does not. Indicators look disabled, but control accepts input.

wxTrac

Jun 18, 2008, 10:19:37 AM6/18/08
to wx-...@lists.wxwidgets.org
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/9601>

#9601: wxComboCtrl/wxTextCtrl->Disable does not. Indicators look disabled, but
control accepts input.
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hajokirchhoff | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Patch: 0 | Blocking:
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
wx-svn, MSVS2005
The patch for the combo sample program demonstrates the problem.

wxComboCtrl *cc;
wxPanel *parent=cc->GetParent();

parent->Disable();
cc->Disable();
parent->Enable();

The last line, parent->Enable(), reenables the control (which it should
not IMHO and did not in <=wx2.8).

Worse, the control still looks disabled, but accepts input.

Apply the patch to the sample program to reproduce.

I found this problem with wxComboCtrl and wxTextCtrl, but it might apply
to others.

In general, when I disable a child and then enable a parent, the child
should still be disabled. This is important, among other things, for XRC
dialogs. I load an XRC panel into a disabled parent panel. I then enable
the parent panel.
With the new (wx2.9) code I loose all 'Enabled=0' settings from the XRC
panel.
This used to work.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/9601>