April 23rd, 2010 -- the wxWidgets team is pleased to announce a new
wxWidgets release. wxWidgets is a mature, open source, cross-platform
application framework for C++ and other languages.
To get wxWidgets, please go to the download page at
This is mainly a bug fix release; please see the change log below for
wxWidgets 2.8.11 changes:
*** INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES: ***
Due to an oversight, a bug fix in wxMSW resulted in an incompatible
wxTreeCtrl behaviour: its EVT_TREE_ITEM_ACTIVATED handler now must
event being processed to allow the item to be toggled by double
clicking on it.
I.e. you need to ensure there is an "event.Skip()" in your item
handler if you do wish to allow the item to be toggled.
- Fixed crashes due to invalid input in PNG and TIFF image loaders
- Fix compilation of wxWidgets headers with recent Sun CC (Brian Cameron).
NB: If your code uses _T() macro you must either replace it with wxT() to
use Sun CC or define wxNEEDS__T before including wx headers and avoid
including many standard headers (again, only with this compiler).
- Added several functions forward compatible with wxWidgets 3.0 (troelsk):
- wxDateTime timezone functions now dynamic (no caching).
- Add wxBU_EXACTFIT support to wxToggleButton XRC handler (Ronny Krueger).
- wxRTC: fixed AltGr+key input and numeric keypad Delete on Windows.
- wxRTC: added background colour setting to font dialog.
- wxRTC: added wxRICHTEXT_HANDLER_USE_CSS flag for HTML handler to use CSS
- wxRTC: corrected centring and right-justification spacing.
- wxRTC: corrected some problems with SelectAll. Caret is now set to end.
- Paper size conversion from dimensions to id now uses definition ordering
in order to use common types where there are duplications, fixing problems
where invalid sizes caused incorrect second invocation of page setup
- Corrected writing direction for Farsi.
- Added wxBORDER_THEME to XRC.
- Speeded up wxTreeCtrl by caching text size (botg).
- Fix building with using system libpng 1.4 (Volker Grabsch).
- Fixed generic wxDatePickerCtrl keyboard navigation.
- Added EVT_WIZARD_PAGE_SHOWN event for wxWizard.
- Fixed crash when copying Unicode URLs to the clipboard (Tim Kosse).
- Fixed generation of wxEVT_CHAR_HOOK events.
- Implement wxFileName::SetTimes() for directories (Steve Lamerton).
- Correct wxTopLevelWindow::SetShape() for windows with menu bar (Peter
- Backported speed-up of Vaclav Slavik's high quality print preview
You now need to set wxUSE_HIGH_QUALITY_PREVIEW_IN_WXMSW in
src/common/prntbase.cpp and wxUSE_ENH_METAFILE_FROM_DC in
- Worked around child window and caret positioning bug (in Windows) when
wxBORDER_THEME in a container window.
- Suppressed spurious character event for decimal key in numeric keypad.
- Prevented wxCheckListBox from corrupting menu items.
- Don't access a possibly destroyed timer object from GTK callback (Tim
- Fixed a problem with wxListCtrl whereby event processing would change
the event object identifier, and thereby affect subsequent processing,
and defeat custom event propagation of commands from current focus window.
- Fixed a problem with wxFontDialog on Mac OS 10.6.
Julian Smart, Anthemion Software Ltd.
28/5 Gillespie Crescent, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH10 4HU
www.anthemion.co.uk | +44 (0)131 229 5306
Tools for writers: www.writerscafe.co.uk
wxWidgets RAD: www.dialogblocks.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wx-announce" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to email@example.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wx-announce?hl=en.