Ride of Silence TOMORROW!

WWBPA

May 20, 2014, 8:46:26 AM5/20/14
to WWBPA
Dear Friends,

Happy Bike Month! One of the many events that takes place this month is the annual Ride of Silence. This is an international event that honors cyclists who have been injured or killed while riding. Here is a message regarding our local event, organized by Kyle Nylander.

Dear Members, I'd like to ask you if you  join us this Wednesday, May 21, for the International and Annual Ride of Silence.  For more information, go to RideofSilence.org

We are leaving PROMPTLY at 7pm from the West Windsor Muncipal Complex on the corner of Clarksville Rd & N. Post Rd.

The ride will be 10.5 miles long and is expected to return at 8pm.

The purpose of this ride is to create motorist awareness to be careful of cyclists on the road and that we are fragile.

We do our best to ride the most visible areas of the township to gain the public's visibility.

One death or injury affects all of us, other cyclists, family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, the community.

The ride will be lead and escorted by two West Windsor Police vehicles and a funeral hearse donated by the Mather Hodge Funeral Home in Princeton NJ.

I expect as in the past, the Officers will stop traffic at lights.  I find this and the addition of the hearse creates visibility and public awareness to the ride.  The fortunately empty hearse gives the impression that there is a bicyclist inside and this is a real funeral procession.

If you can, please wear something black on your arm, ribbon, cloth, arm or leg warmer!

And if you have a headlight and tailight, that wil also give us increased visibility.

I hope you will be joining us.

Ride safely, and thank you for your support!
WWBPA

West Windsor Bicycle and Pedestrian Alliance
Follow our progress on www.wwbpa.org and like us on Facebook
West Windsor is New Jersey's first bicycle-friendly community!