The SOCIAL ROLE of the Society and its Impact again now: We contributed to stop the lottery about the time of death of his Beatitude Christodoulos

WSEAS Groups

Jan 18, 2008, 4:51:27 AM1/18/08
to WSEAS Collaborators
WSEAS Contributed to stop the Lottery about the time of death!

WSEAS Members stopped via Internet the Lottery about the time of death
of his Beatitude Christodoulos (Leader of Greek Church)
P.S. Mr. Christodoulos a great personality that worked for the
unification of Churches and Peace
suffers from Cancer and some Dark People (nationalists??) sent junk
emails and uploaded bogus web pages
against him with the Slogan: "Thank you Cancer for Killing the
Father"

The Impressive was that we received also Protests from our friends in
Islamic World.
Hello, WSEAS Members and Friends in Turkish, Arabic and in general in
World, you are a great people!!!
You helped us. (See a sample below)

About : CHRISTODOULOS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christodoulos (See also your comments
below)

WSEAS Members reacted immediately via Internet (many of them called
Greek Police) and the unbeliavle
Propaganda of these Junk Internet Web Pages and this Bogus Guys
STOPPED

We think to generalize the Web Forum
http://groups.google.com/group/tellyouropinion
in general about HUMAN RIGHTS and to have an Interference for every
Junk Internet (Bogus Internet) Web Page or Email that offends the
HUMAN in general !

See how the WSEAS affected the Web Blogs:

http://hoozingo.cn/?p=6101

http://necati-tim.blogspot.com/2008/01/lottery-about-time-of-death.html

http://www.epublicsector.info/site.htm

THESE YOUR COMMENTS:

Yes, it is a shame that people are marketing the Archbishop's death as
some sort of lottery.
That said, the Archbishop has been a very divisive person, and my own
experience of him was deeply negative. I approached him for help when
a Turkish Christian was tortured by the Greek Coastguard for no other
apparent reason than that he was turkish. The archbishop did nothing,
and even when this man's assailants were proved guilty in court, the
Archbishop remained silent. Indeed on the day I approached the
Archbishop he made his famous announcement that "All Turks are
Barbarians" which I took to be his response.
While I do not therefore approve of a lottery speculating about the
death of his Beatitude, I hope his successor will be less enmeshed in
Nationalist politics and try and remember that the Greek Orthodox
Church also embraces members who are not ethnically Greek and have no
intention of espousing Nationalist agenda. I am one of these. To his
credit, however, when I suggested he institute a central Athens
Liturgy in English or French, he gave up his own Chapel to do
precisely this.
I hope the death of Christodoulos brings the Church to its senses, and
allows clerics in Greece to reflect on the sorry events of his life -
his involvement with the Junta, his campaign for ID cards, his
hijacking of the media for all manner of ridiculous causes which
brought shame on his office and compromised his authority. It is now
time to campaign for the absolute separation of Church and State.

I have also said elsewhere that now the Archbishop is dying and in
clear pain, he at last is in a position to share in the pain of those
who were tortured by uniformed officers of the Greek State. One of
those victims - one of the so-called Turkish Barbarians, wrote "we
pray for the Archbishop in his pain, as he shares with us that pain.
We pray that God in his Mercy will look kindly on the failings in his
life and receive him into Paradise. This is a man who is a victim of
culture and History. He needs our sympathy not our condemnation.
NECATI"

17 January 2008 4:10 am

TIM said...

This was just sent to me:
POOR CHRISTODOULOS, I THINK HIS AGONY MUST BE NEAR TO THE END.
SAD TO SAY I CANNOT REMEMBER ONE NICE THING ABOUT THIS MAN. HE
NEVER SAID ANTHING NICE ABOUT ANYBODY ,SO SAD ESPECIALLY FOR THE HEAD
OF A CHURCH TO BE SO ALWAYS NEGATIVE?
17 January 2008 12:33

Thank you WSEAS Friends for your social activities against the
"internet cancer"