Markdown is not right

CSX

Feb 10, 2011, 11:06:54 AM2/10/11
to Writemonkey
Please see http://xbeta.org/wiki/show/Markdown

*emphasis* (e.g., italics)
**strong emphasis** (e.g., boldface)

http://www.simpleeditions.com/59001/markdown-an-introduction

To create italic text, surround one or a few words with stars:
This is how you create *italic text*.
To create bold text, surround one or a few words with double stars:
This is how you create **bold text**.

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#em

*single asterisks*

_single underscores_

**double asterisks**

__double underscores__
will produce:

<em>single asterisks</em>
<em>single underscores</em>
<strong>double asterisks</strong>
<strong>double underscores</strong>

josip

Feb 10, 2011, 12:15:12 PM2/10/11
to write...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the current markup for bold and italic differs a little from Markdown standard. This is because those two (and underline which is not supported by Markdown) were there even before I implemented complete rules. Didn't want to change that ...
i.

CSX

Feb 11, 2011, 6:16:03 AM2/11/11
to Writemonkey
As I see, markup standart is important only for the Export? If I
right, maybe you can split Markdown (in the "Markup standart" field)
into "Classic Markdown" and "New Markdown"? Or, maybe you can do these
standarts as some kind of templates?

P.S.
Your editor rocks! And markup is the only thing that is not ideal for
me :)
Thank you!

tril...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2011, 5:13:21 PM3/7/11
to write...@googlegroups.com
It does make sense that if you're going to use the markdown standard, that you support it as written. It's no skin off my back, as I'll just use ctrl+b and ctrl+i like I'm used to, and it'll export properly. Still, something about the exception bothers me.