Silverlight 4 COM+ Features

已查看 29 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Justin Angel

未读,
2010年1月19日 18:45:232010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

Just blogged about some full trust features enabled using Silverlight 4 COM+ support.

http://JustinAngel.net/CuttingEdgeSilverlight4ComFeatures

Among the features listed are Full file system access, CMD access, full operating system access, external devices access, Win7 API access, etc.

-- Justin

Jeremiah Morrill

未读,
2010年1月19日 18:56:312010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Great post man!  You summed it up quite well.  I also like how you stressed that COM interop is suggested to be only used with well-known COM registered components.

-Jer

Shawn Wildermuth

未读,
2010年1月19日 18:59:182010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Hate to be a broken horse, can you please not call it FullTrust since its not. I personally want to keep the idea that MS decided not to do FullTrust as a feature, but Elevated Trust instead.

Thanks,

Shawn Wildermuth

http://wildermuth.com

Jeremiah Morrill

未读,
2010年1月19日 19:06:532010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Shawn I agree that it can be confusing, but I think what Justin was getting at is that anything you do via COM interop is full trust.

Justin Angel

未读,
2010年1月19日 19:17:042010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

I have not referred to these features as full trust in the blog post.

And in the blog post, I did stress that it’s elevated privileges.

However, this is an expert environment, so we can talk about things as they are.

Using COM+ you do get de-facto full trust access on Windows.

Which includes: File execution, file storage access, O/S access, networking, etc.

If you feel that’s not an accurate depiction of the situation, feel free to call out which full trust features of are missing.

From my point of view COM+ enables full-trust scenarios, while is not in fact full-trust.

-- Justin

Shawn Wildermuth

未读,
2010年1月19日 19:24:342010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

I can’t argue with that logic.  I understand why MS did this, but I still think it’s a mess.  COM being Windows only is a bad idea to the platform IMHO.

Justin Angel

未读,
2010年1月19日 19:33:132010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

And I also covered in the blog post how MS can easily enable similar scenarios on Mac. J

Pavan Podila

未读,
2010年1月19日 20:40:092010/1/19
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Great post Justin. Very "feature complete" :). I am sure it will be hot-linked heavily ...

/Pavan
--
Pavan Podila, MVP - Client App Dev
Author of WPF Control Development Unleashed

Corrado Cavalli

未读,
2010年1月20日 01:27:172010/1/20
收件人 wpf-di...@googlegroups.com