Something I would like to share (its funny)

Sacha Barber

Dec 10, 2009, 7:57:33 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
We are in the middle of a big WPF project, and yes we do have bugs. We use BugTracker to track them, which stores its data in SQL.

So we decided to potray the bug list a little differently for a bit of fun, using WPF of course

Now you can't get a true feeling for this from this static image, but all these bugs move around and even conga line every 5 minutes, we do this by pushing transforms onto the DrawingContext within the OnRender.

The ones with Targets are being worked on now, the grey ones are dead bugs, the size is the business priority.

We love it.

--
Sacha Barber
sacha....@gmail.com

Mike Brown

Dec 10, 2009, 8:50:24 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Very apropos...I think the image of nasty filthy bugs would even give more incentive to exterminate them. You should make them cockroaches and maggots and mosquitoes.

Cory Plotts

Dec 10, 2009, 8:59:19 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Ha! What a great data visualization!

Laurent Bugnion

Dec 10, 2009, 9:09:46 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Ha ha i love it too :)

Laurent
--
Sent from mobile

Sacha Barber

Dec 10, 2009, 9:32:58 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Yeah it all good fun
--
Sacha Barber
sacha....@gmail.com

Sacha Barber

Dec 10, 2009, 9:45:56 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Yeah it was fun.
--
Sacha Barber
sacha....@gmail.com

Josh Smith

Dec 10, 2009, 11:06:17 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
It must be hard to see the code to fix the bug with all those insects on the screen! ;)

Sacha Barber

Dec 10, 2009, 11:11:24 AM12/10/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
You know it.
--
Sacha Barber
sacha....@gmail.com

Daniel Vaughan

Dec 10, 2009, 1:09:31 PM12/10/09
to WPF Disciples
Haha awesome. Wouldn't it be great if they would just eat one another.
No more bugs.
> sacha.bar...@gmail.com
>
>  bugs.png
> 888KViewDownload

Sacha Barber

Dec 11, 2009, 3:29:08 AM12/11/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Yeah that would be ace
--
Sacha Barber
sacha....@gmail.com

Marlon Grech

Dec 19, 2009, 2:43:36 AM12/19/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
coooll

Regards
Marlon
WPF Blog - http://marlongrech.wordpress.com/
Microsoft MVP for Client App

Sacha Barber

Dec 19, 2009, 3:12:29 AM12/19/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
You should see it now, it is almost in 3D now, we are doing some of it for fun in our spare time. Its cool
--
Sacha Barber
sacha....@gmail.com