Snooping 64-bit & Visual Studio 2010

cplotts

Dec 3, 2009, 2:57:31 PM12/3/09
to WPF Disciples
Got a question for you all ...

This morning I just spent some time quickly recompiling my version of
Snoop for the x64 platform ... as I was getting tired of recompiling
all the applications I want to Snoop as x86 (versus Any CPU ... which
chooses x64 since I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit machine).

It all works (meaning I can now Snoop applications built as Any CPU on
my 64-bit machine) ... and I am happy about that ... but then I
thought I would see if I could Snoop Visual Studio 2010.

No luck.

Of course, then I remembered that Visual Studio 2010 ... is still a 32-
bit application and so I tried the 32-bit version of Snoop. No luck
either.

I'm just curious ... has anyone ever successfully Snoop(ed) Visual
Studio 2010?

Cory

p.s.
The version of Snoop I am using has been modified by yours truly to
support interop scenarios (http://www.cplotts.com/2009/04/13/snoop-now-
works-in-wpf-interop-scenarios-part-ii/) ... so, I think I should be
able to Snoop Visual Studio 2010 ... as it is a mixed-mode
application.

p.s.s.
There is no reason ... other than fun ... to Snoop Visual Studio
2010. :)

Josh Smith

Dec 3, 2009, 3:25:32 PM12/3/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Snoop filters out devenv.exe (VS) from the process list.

Cory Plotts

Dec 3, 2009, 3:37:34 PM12/3/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
I just saw that ... with a little help from Jeremy Alles ...

Thanks as well Josh.

I didn't even think that it would be an issue with the Snoop source code ... should have looked there first.

Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

Dec 3, 2009, 3:43:07 PM12/3/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com

Reminds me of a hack that someone (hint: he is Swiss, super handsome and it’s not Philipp) implemented in some kind of toolkit ;)

Cheers,

Laurent

Cory Plotts

Dec 8, 2009, 1:11:54 PM12/8/09
to WPF Disciples
I just blogged about ... and made available my recent changes to Snoop ... i.e. making it a native 64-bit application and more.

Some of you had asked for that version when I was finished. So here it is. :)

Peter O'Hanlon

Dec 8, 2009, 3:01:15 PM12/8/09
to wpf-di...@googlegroups.com
Good job Cory. It couldn't have come at a more opportune time.
--
Peter O'Hanlon

Cory Plotts

Dec 9, 2009, 10:38:05 AM12/9/09