3 exploded reactors. Weather maps indicate onshore N and NW winds in next day or two.

Robin Whittle

Mar 15, 2011, 12:06:03 AM3/15/11
to wp-japan-nu...@googlegroups.com
With all three of the Fukushima I reactors which were operating now
badly damaged by massive explosions, and the PM admitting things are
bad, I can't imagine how anyone can think that things are not REALLY
REALLY BAD. Fortunately the wind has been blowing the radioactive
fallout offshore. Now, the map:

http://www.wunderground.com/global/Region/i_JP/2xWindSpeed.html

shows no wind in the area, but looking at the weather maps:

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/graphics/npac.gif
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/g3/

I think the wind is still carrying the fallout to the east, away from land.

The 24 hour and 48 hour forecast maps are not so encouraging:

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/g3/wc24h.html
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/g3/wc48h.html

since they indicate (to me, considering anticlockwise lows) the
direction of fallout movement being somewhat to the north in 24 hours
and then more strongly to the north-west.

Does anyone know of other discussion forums where it is being discussed
in any substantial fashion?

Some people still think the government is in control, or are more
concerned about the damage this will do to the nuclear industry.

I think it is deluded to think the government is in control, and
unrealistic or uncaring not to recognise the peril the current situation
involves for a significant proportion of the 170 million people on these
densely populated islands. This nuclear reactor crisis could easily be
more damaging than the recent earthquake and tsunamis put together.

- Robin

mud

Mar 15, 2011, 2:37:55 AM3/15/11
to WP-Japan-nuclear-crisis
I spent a large part of my life researching many things to gain
knowledge "intelligence is paramount", nuclear power/technologies is
one of them.
What I would like to say is there is a very real almost guaranteed
threat of a Total Area Criticality Event.
1- This site is huge, too much for 1000 able men to handle when out of
control and that is being proven.
2- Free neutrons from criticality events "meltdown, subsequent reactor
breach" will be bouncing everywhere henceforth "lighting up" the
"spent fuel" storage areas that will be soon running dry due to
inability to keep them under water because the entire area is (A)
radioactively and thermally hot,and (B) they will be neglected for
some reason "crisis management priorities". There is a very real risk
that all fuel on site no matter stored/used will fission open air. The
hundreds of tons of fuel contained on that site stored since it's
first operations "lighting up outside" could cause world wide
radiation poisoning. My suggestion is the entire world do the only
thing they can and get potassium iodide tablets/hope for the best.