Re: I Played and had Fun this Morning

1 view

noreen...@scotiamcleod.com

Jan 22, 2009, 1:32:50 PM1/22/09
to womenga...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

TIME: 8:07 A.M. . . . BEFORE my client meeting at 9:00 a.m.

I'm getting ready to meet a new client this morning . . . he was introduced
to me by one of my existing female clients; she was one of the first to
read my Chapter, "Unleashed" from the book "Sekhmet Rising: the
Restlessness of Women's Genius", published in 2006.

He is an engineer; owns his own business, mid 50's and he been "through the
wringer" with two previous advisors and is tired, weary, drained, fed-up,
disillusioned, frustrated and sick to the teeth, he said, of all the
"bull-shit, lies and games" that is out there in the Financial World, as he
so eloquently told me over the telephone on Monday. He's not sure why he
was coming to see me this morning at 9:00 a.m.; he wouldn't tell me
anything about his investments only about the great losses that he had
endured.

And yet I'm excited as to what is about to unfold, for my own growth and my
own evolution, as I'm finally mindfully "creating the business practice
that I desire" . . . mindfully taking on board the type of clients that I
really desire and with whom I want to play and to have meaningful "quality
of life" conversations with. I have no idea, whether he will be a fellow
"playmate"client. And I don't care, it is just a conversation.

I woke up this morning, stretched and borrowed a phrase from Louise which
said . . . "how does the godforce that I am, choose to create, shape and
design my business practice - my world today"? How do I choose to honour
the godforce that is ME today, and to play and to have fun at LIFE and with
LIFE today? Meeting this new client, not out of fear that I must twist
mySelf into "the box" one more time, to do and to say anything to "WIN"
this client . . . to get the numbers on the books . . . to get the revenue
up . . . to get the assets up . . . well, I too, am done with the bullshit!

I relax, take a deep breath, and mindfully REMEMBER who I AM. Not small,
not fearful, not puny, not stuck, not helpless, but RESOURCEFUL, POWERFUL
(I get to mindfully choose moment to moment, and to change my mind). I
choose to be my full expression of "STAR" today and I get to GROW. I must
say I am getting to like launching off my perch, and soaring into the
unknown and the uncertain . . . it is good to be ALIVE, to MOVE and to FLOW
once more and to be out of "my box" and to be mindfully awake and out my
coma!!

TIME: 1:35 P.M. . . . . SOME TIME AFTER my client meeting at 9:00 a.m.

I've now have a quick moment to complete this message as follows:

The morning meeting lasted much longer than I thought it would for an
initial meeting (2 1/2 hours) and I had fun. No watching the clock or
feeling rushed and hurried to fill out the forms or having to get on with
it and "cut to the chase". My client was pleased that I didn't bring out a
laptop computer to hide behind all the graphs and other "meaningless data"
as he called it, as his other financial professionals had done. (The poor
man didn't know that I am still in the "stone-age" when it comes to
computer technology, eh Marie-Jose, Louise & Lisa (smile).

I relaxed and talked and listened; I pause here, because I can't even
remember what all was said . . .

This is what I do know about my client. I do know what "lights my client
up" and has meaning for him. I do know "what is FUN" for him. I decloaked,
and that seemed to give him permission to also decloak. He told me about
the "anger"; the "high blood pressure" and "the depression"; about the
"pills and the medication". And as we conversed, and shared stories and
experiences, I grew and somehow became MORE from the exchange and from "the
telling".

As hesitant as I was at first to go down a "different path" than I'd ever
done before when engaging with a new client (after all he was an engineer;
very analytical . . . I have a "process" that I follow with new clients . .
. "what if he thought this or that" . . . and then I stopped mySelf and
engaged nevertheless, for the sake of ME . . . "my process" be damned).
I launched off "my perch" and discussed with my client the handout entitled
"From Currency to Consciousness and Beyond" - a copy of which is attached
below. He was fascinated and stayed glued to his chair.

I told him of my book, "Sekhmet Rising" and he wanted to read a copy of it
. . . he started to write down the full name of the book and wanted to go
"on line" to purchase a copy. Seeing that he was serious, I got up from my
chair in the client meeting room, excused myself and obtained a copy from
my book-shelf in my Office area near by. I wrote an inscription on the
inside of the book to him. He was truly fascinated: he said that the few
lines and best wishes, were very meaningful to him. He actually bent over
and bowed as he took the book most reverently from my hands. I was stunned
with amazement and almost speechless.

Oh and by the way, did I mention the minor detail that between himself and
his wife they have over $500,000+ which he'd like to invest with me.
Absolutely unbelievable! I amaze mySelf time and again . . . . and there is
more.

Must sign off for now. . .

Hugs,
(See attached file: FROM CURRENCY TO CONSCIOUNESS AND BEYOND.doc)

---
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or disclosing same. No member of the Scotiabank Group is liable for any errors or omissions in the content or transmission of this email or accepts any responsibility or liability for loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this transmission. Scotiabank Group may monitor, retain and/or review email. Trading instructions received by e-mail or voicemail will not be accepted or acted upon. Unless indicated in writing, opinions contained in this email are those of the author and are not endorsed by any member of the Scotiabank Group.

For information on some members of the Scotiabank Group: http://www.scotiacapital.com/EmailDisclaimer/English_entities.htm
For authorized users of the Scotia Capital trademark: http://www.scotiacapital.com/EmailDisclaimer/English_trademark.htm

Pour obtenir la traduction en français: http://www.scotiacapital.com/EmailDisclaimer/French.htm
Traducción en español: http://www.scotiacapital.com/EmailDisclaimer/Spanish.htm

FROM CURRENCY TO CONSCIOUNESS AND BEYOND.doc