wireit yui touch event

plasmari

Feb 4, 2010, 2:15:48 PM2/4/10
to WireIt
Hi,

i like the wireit library and have tried to port it for touchscreen-
devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad) with the webkit touch event, currently i
haven't much time and i hope anybody of you have done this before and
can help.
The Drag'n'Drop in WireIt is made with the YUI, how can i made YUI
touch compatible?

Thanks!!!

Zamite

Feb 5, 2010, 5:06:33 AM2/5/10
to WireIt
I'd recommend you to look into: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/tabview/

You will probably have to replace the mouse events for something those
devices "understand".

Eric Abouaf

Feb 14, 2010, 10:49:46 AM2/14/10
to wir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just get an iPhone myself and started playing with the webkit touch events.

WireIt uses YUI's Drag drop at 2 places in the code:

 - in Terminal, we use a DDProxy to create a "fake" terminal to draw the wires
 - in Containers, to move them around.

The question is now:
 - do we try to implement YUI DD for iPhone ?
 - do we create a DD interface in WireIt that could use either touch events or YUI DD ?

The first solution should be discussed with the rest of the YUI community...
It could also be helpful for other YUI projects.

Cheers

Eric Abouaf
eric....@gmail.com
Tél: 06 29 86 37 89