When is the next release of Wink Arriving?

Rat

Oct 4, 2010, 2:35:14 AM10/4/10
to wink-discuss
Yeah I know its been asked many times before... but you never know
Satish may actually read this stuff occassionally!

I don't really give a toss about any of the new features and
options... all I want is better audio in the compiled SWF.

... and I suspect there are many other users who would echo this
sentiment.

As a software developer myself and also a developer on open source
projects I understand all about the constraints of time, money and
family that can weigh heavily on people in Satish's situation, but
Wink would be perfectly acceptable to just about everyone if it had
improved audio quality in the compiled SWF. I would recommend that
Satish add this one feature and then simply release the code to the
open source community for others to contribute. I have absolutely no
doubt that Wink would be a huge Open-Source success already in its
current fom right now.

If I could find a replacement that delivers the same ease of use I
would have done so by now and moved on... but they don't exist, Wink
is unique in that respect and needs to be preserved. So hey Satish...
Dude, release Wink now or watch it die!

Satish

Oct 4, 2010, 7:22:54 PM10/4/10
to wink-discuss
I am reading the posts and also currently working on the open source
version.. if it were simple to add better audio in the current version
of Wink I would have done it a long time ago, but unfortunately that
is not the case hence the delay.. please hold on and I'll have a
detailed update in the near future.

- Satish

Rat

Oct 5, 2010, 12:39:05 AM10/5/10
to wink-discuss
Hi Satish,

Boy am I glad to hear that you're watching and still working on Wink!

Naturally, I never thought that improving the audio or for that matter
making any changes to Wink was either simple or easy, but you're
obviously the man for the job!

If I can help out at all, my primary coding background is 20 yrs C/C++
experience plus 10 yrs PHP...

Cheers,
Rat.

Cubey

Oct 6, 2010, 12:14:04 PM10/6/10
to wink-discuss
That's great news, Satish, Wink is quite simply one of the best
designed programs I have ever used, and is outstanding for producing
tutorials. An open source version will be like a dream come true,
thank you so much for all your hard work on Wink, all of its users
really appreciate it!

"B"

Nov 5, 2010, 7:37:22 PM11/5/10
to wink-discuss
I am very much in agreement!! I really love Wink as it is, EXCEPT I
really want to be able to choose my own audio compression settings. I
see Satish has replied and I'm really glad he's working on an updated
version, and having a scripting background (ActionScript and
JavaScript) I can appreciate the amount of time that goes into making
things work properly.