Update about next release of Wink

Satish

Dec 29, 2009, 11:59:59 AM12/29/09
to wink-discuss
Hi all,

It has been a while since the last release of Wink came out, and after
been asked by many users over email I thought it is better to answer
it in the groups. I'm actively working on the next release of Wink,
and planning to release it as open source as soon as it is usable. As
always I'm aiming it to be cross platform, and hoping to have Mac
support as well. Please excuse me for the long delay, I'll publish an
update as soon as I can (though it can be a few more months).

Thanks
Satish

Klaus Becker

Dec 29, 2009, 12:05:28 PM12/29/09
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
Le mardi 29 décembre 2009 17:59:59, Satish a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> It has been a while since the last release of Wink came out, and after
> been asked by many users over email I thought it is better to answer
> it in the groups. I'm actively working on the next release of Wink,

> and planning to release it as open source as soon as it is usable.

good news :-)
Klaus

mhenriday

Dec 29, 2009, 12:10:24 PM12/29/09
to wink-discuss
Great news, Satish - and thanks for all your work !...

Henri

Scott Wetlaufer

Dec 29, 2009, 12:50:53 PM12/29/09
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com

Great! !

On Dec 29, 2009 11:10 AM, "mhenriday" <mhen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Great news, Satish - and thanks for all your work !...

Henri

On Dec 29, 5:59 pm, Satish <satish.kuma...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > It has been a while sinc...

parsifal

Dec 30, 2009, 11:24:49 AM12/30/09
to wink-discuss
Awesome news Satish! And many thanks for all your hard work so far! :)

Alex McLintock

Jan 1, 2010, 6:39:44 AM1/1/10
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
2009/12/29 Satish <satish....@gmail.com>:
> .... I'm actively working on the next release of Wink,

> and planning to release it as open source as soon as it is usable.

thanks!

This is really important.

Alex

Peter Lelkes

Jan 1, 2010, 5:57:29 PM1/1/10
to wink-d...@googlegroups.com
I would like to unsubscribe, please

Chris [moderator]

Jan 4, 2010, 5:32:31 AM1/4/10
to wink-discuss
You can do it yourself, log-in settings and unsubscibe to e-mails!

I'll try and help you...........
Chris

On Jan 1, 10:57 pm, Peter Lelkes <p.lel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to unsubscribe, please
>

> 2010/1/1 Alex McLintock <alex.mclint...@gmail.com>
>
> > 2009/12/29 Satish <satish.kuma...@gmail.com>:

> > > .... I'm actively working on the next release of Wink,
> > > and planning to release it as open source as soon as it is usable.
>
> > thanks!
>
> > This is really important.
>
> > Alex
>
> > --

> > wink-discuss...@googlegroups.com<wink-discuss%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

ruespe

Jan 9, 2010, 11:23:09 AM1/9/10
to wink-discuss
Good to hear. I'm very curious already.

Rog

jhoos

Jan 14, 2010, 3:14:57 PM1/14/10
to wink-discuss
The only bad thing is that it will take a few month ;-) Hopefully
audio will be supported better than 11025Hz. Better audio is the only
thing i really miss.

Steveo250k/O-Shining-See.com

Jan 15, 2010, 2:08:54 PM1/15/10
to wink-discuss
I don't believe the sampling bit rate (11025Hz) is the culprit. All
the audio used in my tutorials are 11025. They sound find in Audacity
and well as in the Wink editor. It's only after Wink renders them
into my videos that the problems come up. When Wink compresses them
(MP3?) during the rendering, artifacts are introduced. Most
compression algorithms are lossy. We sacrifice quality for reduced
file size. I think the current Wink implementation has sacrificed too
much quality to get the audio down to a reasonable size.

Kevin James

Jan 15, 2010, 3:41:41 PM1/15/10
to Steveo250k/O-Shining-See.com, wink-discuss
Ogg ?

Sent from my Windows Mobile phone

jhoos

Jan 15, 2010, 3:50:26 PM1/15/10
to wink-discuss
@Steve: You´re absolutely right.

ebswift

Jan 17, 2010, 5:38:37 PM1/17/10
to wink-discuss
Hi Satish,

Thankyou for making the decision to move this to open source. With
only a few tweaks we'll need no other screen recording software. I
like the auto-captioning, transitions and movement curves that
captivate offers, but for tutorials I make at home I always use wink.

Regards,

Troy

Cubey

Jan 18, 2010, 2:32:59 PM1/18/10
to wink-discuss
Dear Satish, thank you so much for all your hard work in creating
Wink, it is simply the BEST screen capture software around. And even
bigger thanks for making the decision to make it open source, I think
this will really help all of its user and expand its user base.
Your sense of user interface design is outstanding, I made my first
tutorial with Wink after only viewing the supplied tutorial once - it
took me only five minutes to make a really good tutorial, and I've
been using it ever since.

jhoos

Feb 24, 2010, 8:36:39 AM2/24/10
to wink-discuss
Almost two month gone. Any news or timeline for the next release
already? I am eagerly waiting for better audio support.