WindowTester from command line with Eclipse 3.7

mkoenig

Jun 27, 2011, 2:08:17 PM6/27/11
to windowtester-pro
We have been using WindowTester for a couple years now, and are trying
to migrate to Eclipse 3.7 which was just recently released. The
current WindowTester does not seem to run for us from our automated
Ant target/command line. When running from the command line we get the
exception listed below, but when we launch in eclipse it seems to run
fine. Would like to know if this is a known issue, and if so if/when a
new windowtester may be available? If this is not an issue with
WindowTester, then any help on what we may be doing wrong from the
command line would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: We did look at the source eclipse code IDEApplication.java and
there were changes done in there that look like what would be causing
this issue. Line 112 is now

Object instanceLocationCheck =
checkInstanceLocation(shell, appContext.getArguments());

appContext is being passed into this function and is what we are
currently assuming is Null. In the Eclipse 3.6 code this line was not
there, and appContext was never referenced in this function.

Error:
--------
!ENTRY com.instantiations.eclipse 1 0 2011-06-27 13:12:17.830
!MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.test is starting
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:
112)
at
org.eclipse.test.UITestApplication.runApplication(UITestApplication.java:
138)
at org.eclipse.test.UITestApplication.run(UITestApplication.java:60)
at
com.windowtester.runner.WrapperedTestRunner.run(WrapperedTestRunner.java:
55)
at
com.windowtester.runner.WindowTesterRunner.run(WindowTesterRunner.java:
34)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:
587)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:
198)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:
110)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:
79)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
344)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:
179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:34)

Out command line is basically the same we have been using since
eclipse 3.4
java
-Xms64M
-Xmx256M
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
-cp C:\TestBuild\IDE-nightly-37\eclipse3.7\plugins
\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
-clean
-noupdate
-configuration C:/TestBuild/IDE-nightly-37/scratch/
com.vocollect.voiceartisan.AllTests-eclipse3.7/configuration -dev bin
-data C:/TestBuild/IDE-nightly-37/scratch/
com.vocollect.voiceartisan.AllTests-eclipse3.7/workspace

formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter,C:/
TestBuild/IDE-nightly-
37/output/com.vocollect.voiceartisan.AllTests-
eclipse3.7/test-result.xml
-verbose
-consolelog
-application com.windowtester.runner.application
-testPluginName com.vocollect.voiceartisan.test
-classname com.vocollect.voiceartisan.AllTests

keertip

Jun 30, 2011, 2:28:09 PM6/30/11
to windowtester-pro
From what you have reported, it looks like a change in 3.7 is causing
the problem. Thanks for reporting this issue. We will look into it.
> formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormat ter,C:/

Keerti Parthasarathy

Oct 27, 2011, 8:05:23 PM10/27/11
to windowtester-pro
Could you try the eclipse 3.7 download on the beta page? That might
fix this issue.

--
Keerti

Bjarne

Oct 28, 2011, 9:01:54 AM10/28/11
to windowtester-pro
On Oct 28, 2:05 am, Keerti Parthasarathy <keer...@google.com> wrote:
> Could you try the eclipse 3.7 download on the beta page? That might
> fix this issue.

I do that but still have the same problem.

Regards,
- Bjarne

mkoenig

Oct 12, 2012, 11:47:43 AM10/12/12
to windowte...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I was just wondering if this was going to be looked at or not. I have just tried the latest version of the 3.7 beta and seem to still get the same error

Thanks
test-out.txt

Keerti Parthasarathy

Oct 12, 2012, 12:22:17 PM10/12/12
to windowtester-pro
Hi,

Sorry but there has been not much progress in this area. Since the code is open source, if you have a fix for it and send us a patch, will be glad to get it in.
--
Keerti