Windmill 1.3 work

Mikeal Rogers

Jun 1, 2009, 2:00:41 AM6/1/09
to Windmill Dev
We're about to release 1.2, a few more bug clarifications/fixes and
it'll be out the door.

It's time to start discussing the work that we want to do in the 1.3
timeframe (this release should be completed in less than 4 weeks).

I will be spending some time refactoring the proxy forwarding logic
and adding some new APIs to the proxy. This will also include the
cookie work that was cut from 1.2. This will also begin to prepare the
code base for the windmill2 transition.

Another feature that has been suggested is automatic waiting for
elements before calling actions on them.

I think this feature deserves some discussion but I think it's a great
idea and we should probably start kicking around API discussion in
this thread. We'll need to figure out how wait variables are passed in
a unified way to any controller function and how to send the start and
endtime information for both the wait and the controller actions for
each controller call.

Other than that, I don't know of any work we are trying to take on in
1.3.

-Mikeal

Adam Christian

Jun 1, 2009, 3:50:16 AM6/1/09
to windmi...@googlegroups.com
The only other addition I can think of is the function registration
stuff mde has been working on for the JS Tests, which is very low
impact considering that it's an addition and 100% backwards compat.

Ill be sending out a proposal for the auto-waiting feature as soon as
1.2 goes out.

Adam