Unidentified Whistler?

Tom Tarrant

Nov 20, 2005, 5:10:29 AM11/20/05
to wildlif...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any idea what this species is? (I presume that it is a Whistler Pachycephala sp)
Theo Groenestein shot this bird in the Leeuwin-Naturalist NP in the vicinity of the Ngilgi Cave in WA.
He wries:
I thought that it would be a robin or a whistler but despite checking HANZAB I can not find a bird with the same rufous shoulder/wing patch as the photographed bird. I wonder if you could pass this on to someone more familiar with that area or make a suggestion of where I could look a bit further into identification of this bird.

Regards,
Tom
--
Tom & Marie Tarrant