Google Summer of Code: Akash Agarwal

Jim Tittsler

Apr 21, 2014, 8:34:13 PM4/21/14
to WikiEducator
I am pleased to see that Google has accepted Akash Agarwal into this
year's Google Summer of Code. He is a third year student at IIIT
Hyderabad and is enthusiastic about applying technology to the needs
of education. He plans to work on ways to support peer evaluation for
courses offered in WikiEducator and the OERu, as well as trying to
improve the course registration and delivery process. You can read his
complete proposal in the wiki.
Proposal: http://wikieducator.org/User:Akash_Agarwal/GSOCproposal
Ideas: http://wikieducator.org/User:Akash_Agarwal/GSOCideas
Discussion: http://wikieducator.org/User_talk:Akash_Agarwal/GSOCideas

Please welcome Akash Agarwal to our community, and be generous with
your time and support as he seeks ideas and feedback to make his
project the best it can be. I'm excited that he will help WikiEducator
(and the OERu) evolve.

Jim Tittsler
Tech, OER Foundation

--
Jim Tittsler Tokyo
http://OERfoundation.org/

Patricia Schlicht

Apr 21, 2014, 11:14:48 PM4/21/14
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this is wonderful news. Welcome Akash. The WikiEducator family
welcomes you with open arms.
Warm wishes
Patricia Schlicht
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Pschlicht
> --
> ---
> "WikiEducator" group.
> email to wikieducator...@googlegroups.com.

*Warm wishes,**

**Patricia Schlicht*

** <https://www.facebook.com/patriciaschlicht>*ca.linkedin.com/in/pschlicht/
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Pschlicht

* <http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Pschlicht>

Anil Prasad

Apr 22, 2014, 2:48:25 AM4/22/14
to WikiEducator
Dear Akash,

Your proposal is in a very essential area! Warm welcome to WE family!

Warm regards
Anil

Luis Miguel Morillas

Apr 22, 2014, 3:26:32 AM4/22/14
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Akash!!,

You have great ideas and sure your work helps our community a lot.

Best regards,

-- luismiguel (@lmorillas)

Akash Agarwal

Apr 22, 2014, 11:53:32 PM4/22/14
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
I am very grateful to WikiEducator for showing faith in me and giving me such a warm welcome. I will try my best to live up with the expectations. My major goal for the summer is to see Peer Evaluation in use by the courses offered by OERu. I will try to follow an iterative and lean approach for its development for which continued feedback would be very helpful. Later on, I also plan to take on some of the larger technical challenges and possibilities of making OERu courses truly scalable, open and automated.

I am based out of India (Timezone UTC +5.5) and would be very happy to interact with the community in whatever way possible. My contact details:
IRC nick: akashagarwal on freenode (generally active during Mon-Sat during 7:30 UTC - 19:00 UTC)
Email: akas...@gmail.com
Skype: agrwl.akash
Phone : +919652722676

Looking forward to an awesome summer working with WikiEducator.

Best regards,

Akash Agarwal

sandeep sapkale

Apr 24, 2014, 2:54:27 AM4/24/14