WikiEducator Community College Poll and website

Patricia Schlicht

May 3, 2012, 11:00:01 PM5/3/12
to WikiEducator
Dear Friends,

We have finalised the website which hosts the proposal for the
establishment of the WikiEducator Community College including a
"Community Poll" tab which lists all submitted naming convention
proposals for a voting process in due course.

Please add your suggestions until May 10, 2012. We will thereafter
insert a voting poll that allows you to choose which of the names
suggested is your favorite name for the idea suggested by Anil.

http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_Community_College

Warm wishes
Patricia

http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Pschlicht

Wayne Mackintosh

May 3, 2012, 11:15:16 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your hard work and prompt response. This is a great foundation on which to improve and refine the implementation of this idea.

Cheers
Wayne

Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation
Director, International Centre for Open Education, Otago Polytechnic
Commonwealth of Learning Chair in OER, Otago Polytechnic
Founder and elected Community Council Member, WikiEducator
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter | identi.ca
Wikiblog

Patricia Schlicht

May 3, 2012, 11:16:39 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Wayne. Glad I could help a little
Patricia

Anil Prasad

May 3, 2012, 11:17:43 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Dear Patricia,

Congratulations! You have created a wonderful node on WikiEducator for our initiative! Thanks a lot!

Now our friends can edit the page  http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_Community_College/Community_poll  and add their nominations till the close of their business on 10 May 2012.

Warm regards

Anil

Patricia Schlicht

May 3, 2012, 11:21:49 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
This is really nothing, Anil, wish I could have done more but have to take a backseat for the moment. Thank you for your continued commitment, dedication and enthusiasm.
Warmest
Patricia

Wayne Mackintosh

May 3, 2012, 11:21:50 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anil,

It would be great if you could add a succinct summary of the initiative as well as the objectives your team identified.

This is coming together rather nicely :-)

Wayne

Anil Prasad

May 3, 2012, 11:36:06 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Wayne,

Definitely, I will do it.

Gita Mathur

May 3, 2012, 11:57:17 PM5/3/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Very Happily following this discussion.
Have added my suggestion as:

WikiSkills Advancement Academy

I think this clearly indicates the aim of this project.

warm wishes
Gita Mathur
Dr. Gita Mathur
Associate Professor of Botany
Gargi College, University of Delhi
New Delhi 110049
Web.  http://wikieducator.org/User:Gita_Mathur

Wayne Mackintosh

May 4, 2012, 12:13:59 AM5/4/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Once the objectives of the project are agreed -- I think we will have a better idea of which concepts convey the intent of the project.

It would seem that there needs to be some consensus on the objectives as a precursor to deciding on the name.

The central question is whether this initiative plans to restrict activities to wiki skills or whether initiative would like to encompass a wider range of learning opportunities, eg learning about OER, Creative Commons licensing etc.

Anil Prasad

May 4, 2012, 12:54:12 AM5/4/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Wayne,

I think we have to incorporate a wider range of learning opportunities as you have mentioned. We should also attend online learning as well as teaching/tutoring/mentoring skills development to shape an OERu-ready society. I working out a draft list of objectives to add on our WE node.

Anil Prasad

May 9, 2012, 2:53:43 AM5/9/12
to wikied...@googlegroups.com, wikieducator-teacher...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

This is a gentle reminder. Nominations for a name for the proposed WikiEductor community college can be submitted till the closing of  business on 10 May, 2012 in your time zone.  The nominations can either be added directly on the WikiEducator Community college poll page at http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_Community_College/Community_poll by editing the section ‘List of Nominations’ or as reply to this mail. The community poll will be activated once nominations are closed. We are planning to have the final decision on the name by May 15, 2012.

Draft  Overview and Objectives of the proposed community college can be seen at http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_Community_College Your comments on this will also be highly appreciated.