FREE WIKI SKILLS TRAINING --- 23 June to 4 July, 2008

Wayne Mackintosh

Jun 9, 2008, 11:43:16 PM6/9/08
to WikiEducator
Hi Everyone,

WikiEducator's next online workshop starts on 23 June 2008. Invite
your colleagues and friends to join the next Learning4Content
workshop.

We're accepting registrations online:

http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Registration

Spread the word and join in the largest Mediawiki training project in
the world!

Cheers
Wayne

GCresearcher

Jun 17, 2008, 9:01:27 AM6/17/08
to WikiEducator, aple...@gmail.com, psch...@col.org
Hi Wayne,

The e-mail ID generation initiative is slowly gathering momentum
and a few Professors/Lecturers have registered and opened User Pages
for L4C workshop scheduled on 23rd June, 2008.

I happened to note a suggestion to entrust a Wikibuddy to organize
post-workshop activities etc. That would really keep the team going
and growing.

Is it possible to initiate country WE team action from your platform,
that is,
by e-mailing a COL/WikiEducator Intimation to the Ministry of HRD,
UGC (University Grants Commission, India) and through them, a country
wide e-mail ID campaign to be organized by Universities across the
country?

Further, instead of me approaching the Ministry, Vice-Chancellors etc,
stating that
I am a WikiEducator Ambassador, if the list of successful and active
L4C participants
may be forwarded by COL/WE office to the apex office of higher
education in the
given country for prime priority action, it would hit the target in a
big way.

I am yet to meet many of the faculty members of our college and other
colleges
because the regular classes commence on 23rd June.

Cheers

Dr.Ramakrishnan

Wayne Mackintosh

Jun 17, 2008, 7:18:03 PM6/17/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Dr.Ramakrishnan

The progress you have made with the ID generation initiative is
phenomenal and I see growing numbers of educators from India enrolling
for the next L4C workshop -- no doubt encouraged by your Ambassadorship!

I think coordination with the Ministries of education is an important
step in the long term strategy of WE --- however, I think that we will
be more successful in the long run if we can show substantive examples
of our progress in terms of materials developed, course taught etc when
putting the proposal forward to governments.

Tangible examples will increase the likelihood of substantive backing
from education departments. I think we have made excellent progress to
date -- and we should continue on our existing path showing how open
communities can produce materials which are relevant and in use by an
increasing number of institutions.

I like the suggestion of assigning WikiNeighbours to assist and support
colleagues through the early learning processes and encourage all
WikiEducators to keep an eye on the participant lists for each L4C
workshop and to help our with encouraging comments and support during
and after the workshops.

Cheers
Wayne