Open Access Article on Wiki

Missan

May 19, 2008, 2:32:03 AM5/19/08
to WikiEducator
Dear All,
You may be interested in reading the following article:
A systemic and cognitive view on collaborative knowledge building with
wikis by Ulrike Cress and Joachim Kimmerle to be publisheed in the
June 2008 issue of Comupter-Supported Collaborative Leanring (DOI:
10.1007/s11412-007-9035-z).

Link: http://springerlink.com/content/g509739lp56gk040/

with regards, Sanjaya

Randy Fisher

May 19, 2008, 9:27:24 AM5/19/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sanjaya - Looks interesting... do we have to pay for access?

Randy
--
________________
Randy Fisher - Facilitating Change, Systems Design and Improving Performance - for People, Teams, Communities, and Organizations

+ 1 604.684.2275
wiki...@gmail.com
www.hirerandy.com

Skype: wikirandy

Peter

May 19, 2008, 11:53:58 AM5/19/08
to WikiEducator
Randy,

In my browser I could click the PDF (302.5 KB) link just below the
title block and download the article as pdf...

Cheers, P

On May 19, 6:27 am, "Randy Fisher" <wikira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sanjaya - Looks interesting... do we have to pay for access?
>
> Randy
>
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Missan <sanjayamishra.ig...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Dear All,
> > You may be interested in reading the following article:
> > A systemic and cognitive view on collaborative knowledge building with
> > wikis by Ulrike Cress and Joachim Kimmerle to be publisheed in the
> > June 2008 issue of Comupter-Supported Collaborative Leanring (DOI:
> > 10.1007/s11412-007-9035-z).
>
> > Link:http://springerlink.com/content/g509739lp56gk040/
>
> > with regards, Sanjaya
>
> --
> ________________
> Randy Fisher - Facilitating Change, Systems Design and Improving Performance
> - for People, Teams, Communities, and Organizationshttp://www.wikieducator.org/User:Randyfisher
>
> + 1 604.684.2275
> wikira...@gmail.comwww.hirerandy.com
>
> Skype: wikirandy

Randy Fisher

May 19, 2008, 12:37:42 PM5/19/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the distinction...I'll try the PDF format

Randy
wiki...@gmail.com
www.hirerandy.com

Skype: wikirandy

Derek Chirnside

May 19, 2008, 4:18:15 PM5/19/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Well.
I'll need to brush up on a few of my distant memories of Educational Theory.  Piaget!!  I haven't thought about him for a while.

disequilibrium??  wikis??  Cool.  I had never made this connection.
Can't remember Luhmann.  "Systems theory"

This website looks like spaghetti, but at least the stuff is there for download.  It's would be ironical talking about collaborative and being not.  :-)

Thanks for the link Sanjaya.

The next question, is will it help the community?
I think this article is ripe for a popularised version/interpreatation . . . .

 . . .      This article provides empirical examples for these equilibration activities by analyzing Wikipedia articles. Equilibration activities are described as being caused by subjectively perceived incongruities between an individuals' knowledge and the information provided by a wiki. Incongruities of medium level cause cognitive conflicts which in turn activate the described processes of equilibration and facilitate individual learning and collaborative knowledge building.

-Derek

2008/5/20 Randy Fisher <wiki...@gmail.com>:

--
From Derek Chirnside.

Missan

May 21, 2008, 12:26:41 AM5/21/08
to WikiEducator
Derek and others,
It is good to start a discussion on this article in Wikieducator
context. It is published in one of the peer reviewed scholarly
journal, and the authors have choosen it to be Open Access, though
this journal articles are not so in general. A new wave of publishing
has started in the commenrcial world as well.

What is important for us is to think about Wikieducator in the context
of individual and collaborative learning. In order to be WIkipedia of
Pedagogical Content Knowledge designed for learning, we have a long
way to go. Not much collaboration is visible at this stage in WikiEd.
Educational institutions need to be convinced about the advantages of
Open Access and the power of Wiki.

The article is just an empirical evidence of the power of Wiki...

With regards, Sanjaya

On May 20, 1:18 am, "Derek Chirnside" <derek.chirns...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well.
> I'll need to brush up on a few of my distant memories of Educational
> Theory.  Piaget!!  I haven't thought about him for a while.
>
> disequilibrium??  wikis??  Cool.  I had never made this connection.
> Can't remember Luhmann.  "Systems theory"
>
> This website looks like spaghetti, but at least the stuff is there for
> download.  It's would be ironical talking about collaborative and being
> not.  :-)
>
> Thanks for the link Sanjaya.
>
> The next question, is will it help the community?
> I think this article is ripe for a popularised version/interpreatation . . .
> .
>
>  . . .      This article provides empirical examples for these equilibration
> activities by analyzing Wikipedia articles. Equilibration activities are
> described as being caused by subjectively perceived incongruities between an
> individuals' knowledge and the information provided by a wiki. Incongruities
> of medium level cause cognitive conflicts which in turn activate the
> described processes of equilibration and facilitate individual learning and
> collaborative knowledge building.
>
> -Derek
>
> 2008/5/20 Randy Fisher <wikira...@gmail.com>:
>

> > Hi Peter,
>
> > Thanks for the distinction...I'll try the PDF format
>
> > Randy
>
> > wikira...@gmail.com
>
> >www.hirerandy.com
>
> > Skype: wikirandy
>
> --
> From Derek Chirnside.- Hide quoted text -

Randy Fisher

May 21, 2008, 8:57:49 AM5/21/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Sanjaya -

Thanks for this post - You're raised a vital issue here regarding Increasing Collaboration on WikiEducator.

I will start up a new thread, to see if we can get ideas from the community, as per how to do just that.

- Randy
Randy Fisher - Facilitating Change and Designing Sustainable Ecosystems to Improve Performance- for People, Teams, Communities, and Organizationswiki...@gmail.com
www.hirerandy.com

Skype: wikirandy

wikirandy

May 22, 2008, 7:03:59 AM5/22/08
to WikiEducator, Leigh Blackall, Wayne Mackintosh
Hi Sanjaya, Derek & Peter -

Parts of this discussion has morphed into a call for increased
collaboration - see the thread: Increasing Collaboration:
http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator/browse_thread/thread/1dba939d3b0f147e?hl=en

Also, I've set up a page in the wiki - www.wikieducator.org/Collaboration
to capture some of this stuff.

- Randy