Page not showing up in category

Alison Snieckus

Dec 11, 2009, 11:34:33 AM12/11/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for some technical help.

The page http://wikieducator.org/LitGloss/A/Alliteration is categorised into the category "Language techniques glossary", http://wikieducator.org/Category:Language_techniques_glossary , via transclusion from the navigator template. The category listing displays on the Alliteration page, but the Alliteration page doesn't appear in the category listing.

We've waited a few days, having read somewhere that category transclusions are run in a batch process, but it's still missing. I tried including the navigator template on another glossary page and that worked fine.

Any thoughts on why the Alliteration page is missing from its category are much appreciated.

Thanks.
Alison
http://wikieducator.org/User:ASnieckus

Sarita Kumar

Dec 11, 2009, 11:53:42 AM12/11/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alison,

You can see the listing of Alliteration page on the category page http://wikieducator.org/Category:Language_techniques_glossary under the subheading 'A' as LitGloss/A.

Cheers,

Sarita

http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Saritasanjay
http://www.wikieducator.org/India
http://www.wikieducator.org/Acharya_Narendra_Dev_College
http://www.andcollege.du.ac.in

Alison Snieckus

Dec 11, 2009, 3:45:23 PM12/11/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Sarita,
Thanks for checking into it, but the link that's missing would display just under "LitGloss/A". It should be "LitGloss/A/Alliteration".

I've added another 'A' page (I copy and pasted the wiki code from "Alliteration" to "Acronym" with minimal content changes, and that page shows up fine:
"LitGloss/A/Acronym"

and "LitGloss/A/Alliteration" is still missing.

I'm mystified.
Alison
http://wikieducator.org/User:ASnieckus

Robert Kruhlak

Dec 11, 2009, 4:36:30 PM12/11/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alison,

I have passed your message on to the Tech group. I have seen similar
strange behaviour and it has persisted for over a month.

Cheers

Rob

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Alison Snieckus
> --

Robert Kruhlak
North Vancouver, BC
CANADA
(M) +1 778 230 1875
(E) kru...@gmail.com

Wayne Mackintosh

Dec 11, 2009, 4:46:08 PM12/11/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com, Jim Tittsler
Hi Rob (Alison & Sarita)

mmm -- must say that I'm not sure what the problem is.  A little above my head technically speaking ;-).  Fortunately WE have a team of "super geeks" and I'm sure we'll  find a solution or work around.

Cheers
Wayne

2009/12/12 Robert Kruhlak <kru...@gmail.com>

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,

Alison Snieckus

Dec 11, 2009, 10:26:41 PM12/11/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Ah, but alas, "Alliteration" has gone astray....

Thanks for passing this on to the tech group. I'll leave a note to the author (HamishC) as to the next steps in the investigation.

Alison

Alison

Jan 23, 2010, 11:17:59 AM1/23/10
to WikiEducator
Hi,

I just wanted to report that the Alliteration page is now displayed in
the Language techniques glossary category.

http://www.wikieducator.org/Category:Language_techniques_glossary

Thanks go out to our techies for the fix.

Alison