Paid Umps / Fundraising - from Steve Riffenburg

tedc...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2023, 9:44:08 PM1/10/23
to Western Mass Relics

Hi all - this following was sent to me from Steve Riffenburg who gave me permission to post it here on his behalf.

Ted

Hi Ted,

 I had a quick question if you don’t mind.

Registration cost this year is $45? Then your post said that an extra $35 would be added for the paid umps a few games and volunteer umps a few games. So if I understand correctly, it is $80 total to register this year, correct? Then if the “paid umps” pilot program is a success, the cost for silver division players would jump even higher than the $80 if we will end up with all paid umps in the silver division by 2024?

That’s going to be a bit costly, isn’t it? I can imagine the hours you all put in to keep the league running, I really do. I was a longtime member of Holyoke Youth Baseball League and I operated a 16 to 18 year old fall baseball league out of McKenzie Stadium for many years, so I know the amount of hours it took to keep the sport alive and affordable to play. Having said all that, is there any fundraising we could do to raise money or perhaps we can sell hot dogs, chips, soda, water, etc. during the games to offset the cost of paid umps?

Thanks for all you do,

Steve

Steve Riffenburg

Northeast Safety

 413.533.7275 office

413.209.2191 cell

hwood24be

Jan 11, 2023, 3:46:35 AM1/11/23
to Western Mass Relics
even if its 100 dollars  its  2023   its the cheapest  mens softball in the country     and no one wants to fill up on hot dogs and soda before a game