hackfest on the 30th at southern cross

1 view

Nahum Wild

Oct 18, 2010, 5:26:33 PM10/18/10
to WellRailed
A while ago I talk about organising a hackfest - ie bunch of us get together on a weekend and hack away on our projects. Sometimes these have topics/projects that we all work on/towards - this isn't something I was thinking of doing. Both Breccan and myself will be there, if you're learning rails we're happy to help out etc...

The Southern Cross has Cafenet coverage and you get free access if you buy something once an hour (http://www.thecross.co.nz/freeinternet). Not sure about power points but I'm sure something could be organised. It's on 39 Able Smith Street here: http://goo.gl/Smbu

Anyone still interested? What do you guys think would be a good start time?

--nahum

Brenda Wallace

Oct 19, 2010, 5:28:10 PM10/19/10
to wellr...@googlegroups.com
I was going to offer the Super happy dev house power cords etc, but
they're in use by Koha con 29 October - 31 October
You may find some fellow hackers if you spam this to the koha conference.

> --

Kotahi tamaiti, Kotahi rorohiko iti: Aotearoa
http://laptop.org.nz

Y. Thong Kuah

Oct 19, 2010, 5:34:16 PM10/19/10
to wellr...@googlegroups.com
Let's have a tentative yes +1 from me. Will that be a Saturday or Sunday ?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Nahum Wild <nahum...@gmail.com> wrote:

Best regards,
Y. Thong Kuah

Dominic Tarr

Oct 19, 2010, 7:13:26 PM10/19/10
to wellr...@googlegroups.com
i'll be there.

nahum

Oct 25, 2010, 1:05:00 AM10/25/10
to WellRailed
Just to update you all on this, we're gonna be there from 10:30am

I'll see if I can find a toy train somewhere to stick with us so we're
findable for if you've never meet either of us before - or you could
come along to the monthly meeting this Wednesday after work and
introduce yourself :-) http://groups.google.com/group/wellrailed/browse_thread/thread/ce8b83298eb5660a

--nahum

On Oct 20, 12:13 pm, Dominic Tarr <dominic.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'll be there.
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Y. Thong Kuah <kuahy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Let's have a tentative yes +1 from me. Will that be a Saturday or Sunday ?
>
> > On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Nahum Wild <nahum.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> A while ago I talk about organising a hackfest - ie bunch of us get
> >> together on a weekend and hack away on our projects. Sometimes these have
> >> topics/projects that we all work on/towards - this isn't something I was
> >> thinking of doing. Both Breccan and myself will be there, if you're learning
> >> rails we're happy to help out etc...
>
> >> The Southern Cross has Cafenet coverage and you get free access if you buy
> >> something once an hour (http://www.thecross.co.nz/freeinternet). Not sure
> >> about power points but I'm sure something could be organised. It's on 39
> >> Able Smith Street here:http://goo.gl/Smbu
>
> >> Anyone still interested? What do you guys think would be a good start
> >> time?
>
> >> --nahum
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Y. Thong Kuah
>
> > --
> > .

nahum

Oct 25, 2010, 1:05:23 AM10/25/10
to WellRailed
The 30th is a Saturday.

--nahum

On Oct 20, 10:34 am, "Y. Thong Kuah" <kuahy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's have a tentative yes +1 from me. Will that be a Saturday or Sunday ?
>

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Nahum Wild <nahum.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A while ago I talk about organising a hackfest - ie bunch of us get
> > together on a weekend and hack away on our projects. Sometimes these have
> > topics/projects that we all work on/towards - this isn't something I was
> > thinking of doing. Both Breccan and myself will be there, if you're learning
> > rails we're happy to help out etc...
>
> > The Southern Cross has Cafenet coverage and you get free access if you buy
> > something once an hour (http://www.thecross.co.nz/freeinternet). Not sure
> > about power points but I'm sure something could be organised. It's on 39
> > Able Smith Street here:http://goo.gl/Smbu
>
> > Anyone still interested? What do you guys think would be a good start time?
>
> > --nahum
>
> > --
> > .

ben.biddington

Oct 27, 2010, 3:40:00 PM10/27/10
to WellRailed
Anybody interested in hacking on 7digital's API (http://developer.
7digital.net/Developers/7digitalAPIOverview)?

Collaborative playlists (http://github.com/7digital/7Fi) perhaps
#sinatra #sproutcore.

<bb />

nahum

Oct 29, 2010, 5:57:02 PM10/29/10
to WellRailed
we're here, we're out back as the place is totally booked (weather is
fine) and I'm getting free wifi with my coffee.

--nahum