Early notice to all WelchWrite and New Media Interchange mailing list
subscribers that my eBook, Social Media Self Preservation, just went live in
the Amazon Kindle Book Store*.
Click the link below for a complete description.
Please share it with your friends if they need guidance on how to get
started with social media and/or make it work better for them.
*Social Media Self
Douglas E. Welch
Sent using Amazon Mobile for iPhone <http://www.amazon.com/iphone_app>
* Kindle books can be read on nearly every type of computer or smart phone.
Download the free client for you device - Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPod,
Social Media Self Preservation: Taking advantage of social media without
losing your mind<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QCCB86/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=thewelchwrit...>
Using social media as part or business or personal life can seem
overwhelming and fraught with pitfalls. There is a way, though, to make the
best use of social media without falling into the traps of lost privacy and
social media burnout.
This guide explains what you need to know as you start your journey into
social media and how to make social media productive for you.
*Table of Contents*:
- Introduction: Why Social Media?
- Chapter 1: Which social networks should you join?
- Be Found!
- Reserving your name
- A few social networks to get you started
- Chapter 2: How to decide who to include in your online community
- It is all about value
- Where to begin building your online community?
- Chapter 3: Maintaining your online community
- No longer needed
- People Change
- Too much information
- Information you can find elsewhere
- Chapter 4: What to share online
- Share your knowledge and expertise
- Share your work
- ...but my work is secret!
- Share your life
- Balance in your social media sharing