How To Customize the App using the Scripts....

Pradeep B

Jul 8, 2010, 7:37:58 AM7/8/10
to webse...@googlegroups.com
Hi..

First of all a BIG thanks for Giving this tool....

The Tool Brilliantly scans all the Threats automatically :-).

 I am a novice tester. I need to Customize the tool using scripts

The Site says Scriptable support for JavaScript and Python".. But I cant Find a way to script in the application UI.

can u please assist me on how to proceed further?

Also a Tutorial for Websecurify will help novice users a lot.

--
Regards,

Pradeep B
+91-9790730543

pdp

Jul 8, 2010, 11:14:02 AM7/8/10
to Websecurify
Websecurify can be customised in many different ways depending on what
you want to do. The formal documentation is planned to appear around
version 1.0. However, in general, if you know how to write Firefox
extensions you already know how to customise Websecurify. A good
source for all that you need to know can be found at http://developer.mozilla.org/.
Check https://developer.mozilla.org/en/extensions for extension
development topics. I understand that it may seem difficult initially
but if you persist you will soon realise how simple in fact the whole
process is and how much power you get at your fingertips. Also on the
flip-side of things, once you know how to extend Websecurify you can
extend Firefox which is an awesome skill to have these days.

You can also check Websecurify's source as well. It is a good source
of information as all features are implemented as extensions.

I promise to release a formal extension development guide very soon.

Pradeep B

Jul 10, 2010, 5:11:23 AM7/10/10
to webse...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

For now,As  u said Let me try by building Firefox extension.

And once again  I thank u for giving this tool at no cost.

In another post, I have seen that "Bug Report" feature will be added. If that is added, As a Professional Tester, I will be able to contribute by reporting Bugs, Which will help you(though in a Little way  ).

Thanks Again

Pradeep B
328.png