Where did symbolicweb go?

Robin Lee Powell

Jan 29, 2009, 5:47:58 PM1/29/09
to Weblocks

I know it's not relevant to Weblocks, but they sort of strike me a
sister-projects and I don't know where else to ask, so:

I just pointed SymbolicWeb out to a friend, but the thing that WP
lists as the home page (the google group) is gone.

http://code.google.com/p/symbolicweb/ points to the same thing.

Anyone know what's up?

I've never seen a Google Group go away before. -_-

-Robin

--
They say: "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking: "Does it even occur to you to try for something

Daniel White

Jan 30, 2009, 12:39:29 AM1/30/09
to webl...@googlegroups.com, rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:47:58 -0800
Robin Lee Powell <rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

> I know it's not relevant to Weblocks, but they sort of strike me a
> sister-projects and I don't know where else to ask, so:
>
> I just pointed SymbolicWeb out to a friend, but the thing that WP
> lists as the home page (the google group) is gone.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/symbolicweb/ points to the same thing.
>
> Anyone know what's up?
>
> I've never seen a Google Group go away before. -_-
>
> -Robin

It's back up. It looks like the author is in the process of moving it.

--
Daniel White

Robin Lee Powell

Jan 30, 2009, 3:04:59 AM1/30/09
to webl...@googlegroups.com

http://code.google.com/p/symbolicweb/ is up, but that's not what I
was talking about; I was talking about the forum that points to,
which is http://groups.google.com/group/symbolicweb , and certainly
looks down to me.

Daniel White

Jan 30, 2009, 9:34:44 AM1/30/09
to webl...@googlegroups.com, rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:04:59 -0800

Robin Lee Powell <rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 03:39:29PM +1000, Daniel White wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:47:58 -0800 Robin Lee Powell
> > <rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I know it's not relevant to Weblocks, but they sort of strike me
> > > a sister-projects and I don't know where else to ask, so:
> > >
> > > I just pointed SymbolicWeb out to a friend, but the thing that
> > > WP lists as the home page (the google group) is gone.
> > >
> > > http://code.google.com/p/symbolicweb/ points to the same thing.
> > >
> > > Anyone know what's up?
> > >
> > > I've never seen a Google Group go away before. -_-
> > >
> > > -Robin
> > >

> > It's back up. It looks like the author is in the process of
> > moving it.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/symbolicweb/ is up, but that's not what I
> was talking about; I was talking about the forum that points to,
> which is http://groups.google.com/group/symbolicweb , and certainly
> looks down to me.
>
> -Robin

Ah, sorry. I thought I was at the other page. According to Lars he
has scrapped the project.

--
Daniel White

Robin Lee Powell

Jan 30, 2009, 12:26:04 PM1/30/09
to webl...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:34:44AM +1000, Daniel White wrote:

> Ah, sorry. I thought I was at the other page. According to Lars
> he has scrapped the project.

:(

Would be nice if any of the pages related to it made that clear; I
don't even know how to email him.

Is there anything else in Lisp that does Comet stuff?

Leslie P. Polzer

Jan 31, 2009, 6:33:49 AM1/31/09
to weblocks

You can find his address at c.l.l. for example.

> Is there anything else in Lisp that does Comet stuff?

Why not build on SymbolicWeb?

I'd ask Lars for the reasons that made him give up, but in general it
seemed to work fine.

Leslie P. Polzer

Jan 31, 2009, 6:35:14 AM1/31/09
to weblocks
On Jan 30, 3:34 pm, Daniel White <dan...@whitehouse.id.au> wrote:

> Ah, sorry.  I thought I was at the other page.  According to Lars he
> has scrapped the project.

Wow, really? That'd be bad. Such an interesting project that has
overcome a lot of obstacles and got many hours of work.

Just when it started going a bit stable...