I heard of webgrind project and saw some impressive screenshots. So
today I went and took it for a spin.
Overall it's great stuff, many cool things and great idea. Was also
showing it off to some co-workers. Also quite easy to get started as
it picks up the xdebug configuration.
However I ran into a couple of problems:
Actually it's missing a "var" in the line where it gets the options...
The line is something like options = new Object(); IE was
complaining that options was already initialized and this was actually
a local variable. So adding "var" in front made IE happy.
2. I am using %R.cachegrind as my xdebug output format for file names.
It seems that the default regular expression doesn't allow some
characters to go through and filters most of the files out.
Some characters I added are ~= still looking to see if I missed any.
3. Using %R.cachegrind format produces very long filenames. They are
quite descriptive though which is why I love and stick to that format.
The default template and layout doesn't allow for such long filenames
to appear in the select box. So I had to change the layout a little
and move the form to be on a separate row and much wider than the
4. Checking for version update on every page load is a bit excessive,
but I found a config.php line that has a toggle switch which I set to
5. I am still learning the interface and options. Will play more
tomorrow. However one thing I found was that if I am doing queries
against Oracle I see oci_execute called 2 times.. (2 queries). I would
love to see it go into much more detail and show the differences in
timings for each call and maybe some call stack to see where it got
called from.This way I could see which query took which portion of the