Call for Speakers: WebGL BOF at SIGGRAPH 2011

Kenneth Russell

Jul 13, 2011, 2:45:02 PM7/13/11
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
At SIGGRAPH 2011 there will be a two-hour Birds of a Feather session
on WebGL, on Wednesday, August 10 from 10 AM to 12 PM. Like last year,
we'd really like to have input from the WebGL community. If you are
developing using WebGL, for example building one of the many WebGL
libraries, an application, or cool demos, and would like to share your
experience, please send me a private email. We're aiming for 15-minute
time slots to have the chance to cover a variety of material.
Presentations including demos will be strongly favored. :)

(From a logistical standpoint, we may not have an Internet connection
in the room, so you'd need to be prepared to run your demo locally.
Yes, this is lame, especially for a Web technology, and we're trying
to fix it.)

Thanks,

-Ken

Kenneth Russell

Aug 12, 2011, 9:17:45 PM8/12/11
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Kenneth Russell <k...@chromium.org> wrote:
> At SIGGRAPH 2011 there will be a two-hour Birds of a Feather session
> on WebGL, on Wednesday, August 10 from 10 AM to 12 PM. Like last year,
> we'd really like to have input from the WebGL community. If you are
> developing using WebGL, for example building one of the many WebGL
> libraries, an application, or cool demos, and would like to share your
> experience, please send me a private email. We're aiming for 15-minute
> time slots to have the chance to cover a variety of material.
> Presentations including demos will be strongly favored. :)

The BOF went superbly well; ~130 people packed into a 100-person room,
standing and squatting room only, 15 presentations in a two-hour
period, and tons of excitement. Nearly all of the presentation
materials are now archived on the WebGL wiki:

http://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Presentations

Those few which aren't there will follow as soon as possible.

Thanks to all of the presenters and attendees for making this a great event!

-Ken

nobo...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2011, 6:23:37 PM8/14/11
to WebGL Dev List