[webgen-users] overlib extension

Thomas Deselaers

Dec 5, 2009, 10:52:04 AM12/5/09
to webgen-users
Dear all,

I just created a small webgen extension to make use of the overlib
javascript library.

attached is my extension.

To use it:

1. download overlib (http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/)
2. place overlib.js in your src directory
3. make your config.yaml copy it to the out directory
4. modify your default.template according to the overlib guide to include it
5. put the attached OverlibTag.rb into your ext directory
6. put the following lines into ext/init.rb

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/OverlibTag.rb'
OverlibTag.setup

7. use it like this   {overlib: {text: "hover with your mouse over
me", popuptext: "to see this text", overlibparams: "WIDTH, 300"}}

I don't know if this is of any use to anybody, and I apologize for the
programming style. it was my first ever attempt at programming ruby
and I did not even read any documentation except the source code of
webgen (thanks Thomas) and the pugins from Matteo Collina that Thomas
broadcasted to this mailinglist.

So, if you see any major ruby mistakes, please let me know.

@Thomas: Feel free to incorporate this into webgen at your will.

Cheers,
thomas
--
PS: somewhen later, possibly today, my webpage will use it:
http://thomas.deselaers.de

OverlibTag.rb

Thomas Deselaers

Dec 5, 2009, 10:51:00 AM12/5/09