"No response from server" with RemoteWebDriver

Asbjørn Ulsberg

Nov 2, 2010, 4:46:38 PM11/2/10
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I have the following setup:

- NUnit tests written in C#
- using RemoteWebDriver with HtmlUnit capabilities
- selenium-server-standalone-2.0a6.jar running as the remote web driver

More often than not, my NUnit tests fail with the following (or similar)
exception:

"No response from server for url
http://127.0.0.1:4444/wd/hub/session/1288707057631/element/0/value"

Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do differently to ensure
that this doesn't happen? Right now, I'm firing up the Selenium server in
the TestFixtureSetUp and killing it in TestFixtureTearDown. Is this bad
practice?

The SetUp/TearDown of the Selenium server works rather great when testing
locally, but when the tests are running on our build server, the above
exception occurs.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg -=|=- asb...@ulsberg.no

krosenvold

Nov 3, 2010, 12:16:54 PM11/3/10
to webdriver
Please try with alpha7; it may contain some stability fixes that
affect htmlunit too.

Kristian
> Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-          asbj...@ulsberg.no

Asbjørn Ulsberg

Nov 5, 2010, 4:44:21 AM11/5/10
to webdriver, krosenvold
I found Alpha 7 on http://code.google.com/p/selenium/downloads/list but
shouldn't it be available from http://seleniumhq.org/download/ as well?

Since the C# bindings are still in alpha 6, will I experience any
compatibility issues if I run alpha 7 of the server?

-Asbjørn

Daniel Wagner-Hall

Nov 5, 2010, 5:35:21 AM11/5/10
to webdriver, krosenvold
There won't be compatibility issues running a6 and a7 on the client/server.

2010/11/5 Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbj...@gmail.com>:

Asbjørn Ulsberg

Nov 5, 2010, 6:12:45 AM11/5/10
to webdriver, krosenvold
I've run through the tests now with alpha 7 and it made no difference. I
still get the following exception:

Test(s) failed. OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException : No response from
server for url
http://127.0.0.1:4444/wd/hub/session/1288950997011/element/0/value
at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.CreateResponse(WebRequest
request)
at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.Execute(Command
commandToExecute)
at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(DriverCommand
driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters)
at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebElement.SendKeys(String text)

I've tried pasting
"http://127.0.0.1:4444/wd/hub/session/1288950997011/element/0/value" into
a browser and it yields a download window. Telneting to "localhost 4444"
and then doing "GET /wd/hub/session/1288950997011/element/0/value" gives
me the following response:

{"sessionId":"1288950997011","status":0,"value":"All","class":"org.openqa.selenium.remote.Response","hCode":21348}

So the server looks to be working, but for some reason the C# client
claims to get no response. This looks like a bug in the C# client library
and not the server.

-Asbjørn

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:16:54 +0100, krosenvold