Ruby IE bridge

Bosko Ivanisevic

Oct 27, 2010, 12:56:38 PM10/27/10
to webdriver
In order to test Web application I started to use WebDriver through
Cucumber and Capybara Ruby gems. If I set:

Capybara::Driver::Selenium.new(app, :browser => :ie)

exception is thrown because in the selenium\webdriver\ie\bridge.rb
method 'initialize' does not accept any arguments. Bridges for Firefox
and Chrome on the other way accept hash. Shouldn't 'initialize' method
in IE bridge be declared also with:

def initialize(opts={})
end

Regards,
Boško Ivanišević

Jari Bakken

Oct 28, 2010, 2:56:10 PM10/28/10
to webd...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Bosko Ivanisevic
<bosko.iv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bridges for Firefox
> and Chrome on the other way accept hash. Shouldn't 'initialize' method
> in IE bridge be declared also with:
>
> def initialize(opts={})
> end

You're right. I guess the IE driver should accept an options hash even
though it currently can't be customized like the Chrome/Firefox
drivers. I'll have this fixed in the next gem release.