Since 2.0b1 version i get HttpHostConnectException in IE running more than one tests

Victor García

Mar 23, 2011, 9:53:09 AM3/23/11
to webdriver
Hi,

I don't know if it is already reported as a bug, but i couldn't find
it.

I took a look to this thread (http://groups.google.com/group/webdriver/
browse_thread/thread/cccab44dcc53b5fd/3550114e732bfeaf?fwc=1 ), but
there is not a good solution.

After read it, could you tell me if it is a real bug and i should
report it?

Since the 2.0b1 version i getting this error when executing more than
one test in IE. The first test pass but the second want cannot connect
to the server throwing a "HttpHostConnectException".

It was working perfectly in the 2.0a7 version but with change to the
next one it broke.

I've run the same tests with Firefox and everything is ok, but not
with IE (specifically IE8).

This is the error trace when the second test starts:

1)
testInvalidLoginEmail(tests.LoginTest)org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:4
5230 refused
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1',
java.vers
ion: '1.6.0_18'
Driver info: driver.version: InternetExplorerDriver
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.ja
va:406)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriv
er.java:103)
at
org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.setup(InternetExplorerD
river.java:99)
at
org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.<init>(InternetExplorer
Driver.java:56)
at
com.tuenti.tuentomatic.base.DriverFactory.createDriver(DriverFactory.
java:50)
at
com.tuenti.tuentomatic.base.DriverFactory.getDriver(DriverFactory.jav
a:34)
at com.tuenti.tuentomatic.base.UI.start(UI.java:36)
at
com.tuenti.tuentomatic.base.TuentomaticTest.setUp(TuentomaticTest.jav
a:43)
at groovy.util.GroovyTestSuite.main(GroovyTestSuite.java:60)
Caused by: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection
to http://l
ocalhost:45230 refused
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnect
ion(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:159)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.ja
va:149)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPool
edConnAdapter.java:108)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultReq
uestDirector.java:415)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpCl
ient.java:641)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.fallBackExecute(HttpCo
mmandExecutor.java:272)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExe
cutor.java:252)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.ja
va:389)
... 20 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.ReusingSocketSocketFactory.connectSocket(R
eusingSocketSocketFactory.java:122)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnect
ion(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:133)
... 27 more

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1

More info: i have catch the expection to create again the
InternetExplorerDriver and the port is continuously changing but even
so, the test cannot connect neither:

org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:41
362 refused
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1',
java.vers
ion: '1.6.0_18'
Driver info: driver.version: InternetExplorerDriver

org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:69
58 refused
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1',
java.vers
ion: '1.6.0_18'
Driver info: driver.version: InternetExplorerDriver

org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:47
985 refused
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1',
java.vers...

Jim Evans

Mar 24, 2011, 8:52:05 PM3/24/11
to webdriver
This problem is typically caused by using the close() method to exit
the browser instead of the quit()
method. The close() method in the IE driver does not yet have the
semantics as documented in the Java
API documentation. I am working on the problem, and hope to have a fix
soon. In the meantime, try
using the quit() method as a workaround.

--Jim