Crossfire - Remote Debug Extension for Firebug

mcollins

Sep 28, 2009, 4:28:18 PM9/28/09
to WebDebugProtocol
Hello,

I thought the Web Debug group might like to know that I've committed
an extension, called "Crossfire", to the Firebug project.

Crossfire implements a JSON format protocol, which at the moment is
somewhat of a hybrid of the V8 and Scope specs, with a few additions
of its own.

One important aspect of Crossfire is to allow a remote client to
remain synchronized regardless of whether input comes from the remote
client or Firebug's UI, since in this case Firebug acts as the
debugging engine as well as a debug interface.

I've added Crossfire to the comparison matrix I've been maintaining
( http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AsrRf2m9mWbidEhqaHNFSldWelhVUl9JeDd3dlROQlE&hl=en
), and documentation for the initial API can be found at
http://getfirebug.com/developer/api/crossfire0.1/symbols/CrossfireModule.html

Mike