I tried out the webc3beta3.
1. On my IBM Z60t laptop, sound is not working on youtube.com or other
websites. download a file does not cause the download manager to be
2. After bootup shows the firefox, when close the firefox (click the
cross button on the right corner) you will see a error page. stpes to
a: enter "http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm" into the web
browser address bar.
b: click "WinRAR 3.80 beta 2", nothing happen.
c: click the tab close button, by right should see the
webconverger.png background pic then see new firefox is open, but
after click the close button, you will see a page shows "/tmp/
tqhpN3gh.bin.prt/ chould not be saved, becuase the source file could
not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator".
click the [ok] button, then you can see the webconverger.png
background pic then see new firefox is open.
Compare to beta2:
1. After bootup, xauth: creating new authority file /home/
webc/.Xauthority will be created twice, so ps ax can see two "sh /home/
2. On Sony VGN-FE15 laptop, after bootup show the firefox browser,
display is not the correct 1280x800 resolution, but beta2 yes. i found
the beta3 146MB compared with beta2 160MB, i compared the package
file, seems you stripped out some xserver-xorg-video drivers.
3. during bootup, can see the screen (ctrl+alt+F1) has lots of error
messages compared with beta2 which is very clean, like in beta3 shows
cannot open /etc/fstab, zoneinfo/utc, standard locale ("C") problems
4. after bootup shows the firefox, i still can use ctrl+alt+Fx, i
found /etc/X11/xorg.conf file shows is generated by dexconf, and there
is no ServerFlags compared with beta2. I think "home/webc/.xsession"
need to add back the "cat >> /etc/X11/xorg.conf <<WCEND..." like the
old file webconverger.init file (deleted). It seems in beta3, the xorg
ln -s is not working.
On Jun 17, 6:26 am, "Kai Hendry" <hen...@webconverger.com> wrote: