Spaces in ESS ID not working anymore

1 view

Guttorm Flatabø

Jun 12, 2009, 9:37:26 AM6/12/09
to Webconverger forum
Looks like it doesn't work with spaces in ESS ID's for wireless
networks anymore.

It was fixed for 4.3:
http://webconverger.org/blog/entry/Web_Crunch/

I've tried it now, and it does at least work if you enclose the ESS ID
in single quotes like so: wlan='Hopstock Gjestenett'

However, in the latest release it does not seem to work anymore.

--
Guttorm Flatabø
Norway

Kai Hendry

Jun 14, 2009, 6:03:09 PM6/14/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Guttorm for reporting this problem!

I think I've fixed this in **4.9** which should be available at
http://build.webconverger.org shortly.

Here are the changes I made this evening:
http://git.webconverger.org/?p=webconverger-base.git;a=commitdiff;h=233d4cc40ab078926fd05ea9665ab129d0246702

http://webconverger.org/wireless/ documents that the space must be now
encoded as %20, like how URLs work. That's the best solution I could
figure out:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/993452

At least one user wanted to be able to set the compose key. This
should be set by "setxkbmap -option "compose:rwin", which gets
triggered by the "compose" keyword on /proc/cmdline.

In debug mode, you should be able to check you've enabled it, like so:
setxkbmap -v | grep symbols

In other news the debian installer still isn't really working for
lenny (the stable version of Debian which Webconverger is based on
upon atm). So I think I will release 4.9 without Debian Installer
enabled, hopefully on Tuesday. So please give 4.9 live a try on your
hardware guys and help make the release a good one.

With thanks,

Kai Hendry

Jun 16, 2009, 7:43:31 PM6/16/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com