Can't change Keyboard layout

Tonk

Jul 18, 2009, 12:17:20 PM7/18/09
to Webconverger Users
Hi guys,
I discovered Webconverger today and it's exactly what i was looking
for,
but I`ve got a problem changing the keyboard layout.

I'm using Webconverger 5.0 and I tried to localize my build to German
by adding the commands "live locale=de keyb=de" to the GRUB boot
parameters. After adding this, my Webconverger language is German, but
the keyboard layout remains US. Is there any way get it to work with
German keyboard layout?
P.S. I'm using webconverger on my Laptop (no numpad and so on ...) if
this matters.
I would be grateful for any help.
Greetz Tonk

Kai Hendry

Jul 18, 2009, 12:57:58 PM7/18/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
I see the same problem too. Locale choice seems fine, though the
keyboard isn't setup.

I've added it onto my todo list. I will work on it.

Thank you for taking the time to report the problem.

Kind regards,

Guttorm Flatabø

Jul 20, 2009, 5:41:49 PM7/20/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
I can also confirm the keyboard problem (locale=no).

I have also been unable to use an open wireless network with EeePC 701 both with 4.9 and 5.0, it seems wpasupplicant exits unexpectedly. Probably a debian/debian live issue though.
--
Guttorm Flatabø
Sogndal

Guttorm Flatabø

Jul 21, 2009, 7:23:44 AM7/21/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and iceweasel consistently crashed upon logging into gmail with Webconverger 5.0 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.
--
Guttorm Flatabø
Sogndal

Kai Hendry

Jul 21, 2009, 7:54:41 AM7/21/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Crikey, that sounds bad! I tested 5 on my EEEPC900 and it joined my
open network fine. Will run through it all again tonight.

I've since found out that X should setup the xkbmap dependent on how
the locale setup. I am still trying to track down why it's broken. A
workaround is to manually setxkbmap.

Kind regards,

Guttorm Flatabø

Jul 21, 2009, 8:15:18 AM7/21/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Wireless works fine on my EeePC 1000HE, which has an Atheros AR928X PCI-E adapter, while the 701 has an Atheros AR5007EG PCI-E adapter.
--
Guttorm Flatabø
Sogndal

Kai Hendry

Jul 21, 2009, 4:45:28 PM7/21/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
2009/7/21 Guttorm Flatabø <po...@guttormflatabo.com>:

> Oh, and iceweasel consistently crashed upon logging into gmail with
> Webconverger 5.0 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.

Thought Gmail behaves fine on the 701 with say a wired connection?

Tested wireless (wlan=Natal) and the Gmail app on the EEEPC900 and it's fine.

Any clues how to proceed here?

Tonk

Jul 22, 2009, 6:53:29 AM7/22/09
to Webconverger Users
Can confirm that "setxkbmap de" works fine typed to the console. Is
there a way to run this command automatically on every startup? Tried
to set it in GRUB, but doesnt' work for me. Sorry, I'm not so familiar
with linux systems.
Kind regards Tonk

Kai Hendry

Jul 22, 2009, 7:01:23 AM7/22/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
That setxkmap command only works when X is running.

Yesterday I discovered the problem with the xorg.conf must be with
Webconverger, as a vanilla standard-x11 Debian Live build works fine
with keyb= arguments.

Kind regards,

Kai Hendry

Jul 28, 2009, 6:53:21 PM7/28/09
to Webconverger Users
Just pushed 5.1 images out which should fix the problem.

http://webconverger.org/blog/entry/Webconverger_5.1/

Thank you for the bug report. :)