Testing the next release 4.4

Kai Hendry

Mar 31, 2009, 5:49:22 PM3/31/09
to webc-users
Could you please help test
http://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-03-30.4.3-iso.iso and
http://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-03-30.4.3-usb.img aggressively
over the next couple of days.

This has 3.0.7 of Firefox, though I would like to perhaps wait for
3.0.8. And printing is disabled for security reasons mentioned
earlier.

`vim http://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-03-30.4.3-iso.packages`
to see the package list.

http://webconverger.org/testing/ for some testing tips.

Any help is greatly appreciated !!
http://webconverger.org/acknowledgements/

Best of luck,

n.r.ar...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2009, 9:25:44 PM3/31/09
to Webconverger Users
Hi Kai,

I couldn't get the usb image to boot at all - I tried two different
machines with the same result - I see the syslinux banner and then get
a white screen. I haven't had a chance to look any further at it.

Nigel

--

On Apr 1, 7:49 am, Kai Hendry <hen...@webconverger.com> wrote:
> Could you please help testhttp://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-03-30.4.3-iso.isoandhttp://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-03-30.4.3-usb.imgaggressively
> over the next couple of days.
>
> This has 3.0.7 of Firefox, though I would like to perhaps wait for
> 3.0.8. And printing is disabled for security reasons mentioned
> earlier.
>
> `vimhttp://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-03-30.4.3-iso.packages`
> to see the package list.
>
> http://webconverger.org/testing/for some testing tips.

Kai Hendry

Apr 1, 2009, 4:54:16 PM4/1/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
2009/4/1 <n.r.ar...@gmail.com>:

> I couldn't get the usb image to boot at all - I tried two different
> machines with the same result - I see the syslinux banner and then get
> a white screen. I haven't had a chance to look any further at it.

Hi Nigel,

I've tried the ISO successfully via VMWARE. The install also works.

I've now had the opportunity to try the USB version.
http://webconverger.org/usb/

USB version works for me on my Thinkpad X61. The install does not
work, though I knew that already.
http://webconverger.org/todo/

I think I will release this as 4.4 tomorrow.

nn,