About security ...

bl8...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 10:25:48 AM1/15/09
to Webconverger Users
1. you could disable webconverger add-on in firefox, by installing
arbitratry add-on, and when you see add-ons context window, just
disable the webconverger

2. you could safe somewhere on the web some simple bash script with
(for example) the following content:
/usb/bin/xterm. Point the browser there and wish to be executed by /
bin/bash ... you got a nice xterm console :) then ... you decide :)

... would be great if this issues could be fixed. Thanks

bl8...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 10:44:00 AM1/15/09
to Webconverger Users
the second to be applied after the first is done :)
(still not worked out how to open/save file when extension is
active :) )

maybe removing possibility for add-on manipulation will harden the
second.

Kai Hendry

Jan 15, 2009, 10:57:47 AM1/15/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reports!

I will working on correcting these issues and hopefully have a new
release out by the end of the week.

* Functions keys I've been told are enabled, so they should be disabled
* disable about:config
* disable file:///
* disable new addons

http://git.webconverger.org/?p=iceweasel-webconverger.git

bl8cki

Jan 16, 2009, 7:26:29 AM1/16/09
to Webconverger Users
That sounds great. Thanks.

Kai Hendry

Jan 18, 2009, 1:20:28 PM1/18/09
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
As you can see I've updated the extension:
http://git.webconverger.org/?p=iceweasel-webconverger.git

Unfortunately I have not been able to:
* disable file:///
* disable F7 (caret browsing)

A daily build featuring iceweasel-webconverger 13 is here:
http://build.webconverger.org/mini.2009-01-17.4.0.iso

I would appreciate if you could test this. I intend to release this on
Monday evening.

Thanks guys,

Kai Hendry

Jan 19, 2009, 4:10:35 PM1/19/09