More information about my new app...

Jason Brower

Mar 1, 2009, 2:03:24 PM3/1/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have updated the information as requested and now have some details
about it.
Semacode according to wikipedia is:
Semacode is a software company based in Waterloo, Ontario,
Canada[1]. It is also this company's trade name for
machine-readable ISO/IEC 16022 Data Matrix symbols which encode
internet Uniform Resource Locators (URLs). It is primarily aimed
at being used with cellular phones which have built-in cameras.
The Data Matrix specification is given by the ISO/IEC 16022
standard.

Using Semacode SDK software, a URL can be converted into a type
of barcode resembling a crossword puzzle, which is called a
"tag". Tags can be quickly captured with a mobile phone's camera
and decoded to obtain a Web site address. This address can then
be accessed via the phone's web browser.

The Semacode website states that Semacode tags are an "open
system" and that tag creation is "completely unrestricted," with
the SDK software tools being free of charge for non-commercial
use.[2]

Potential uses for Semacode tags are still being explored, and
will complement development of the concept of using mobile
phones as devices for information gathering and exchange.

You can find the generator I used here...
http://datenfreihafen.org/projects/iec16022.html
I don't know if it can run in other OS's. That has yet to be tested.

To run it, just use the default's index page and fill in the box.
Have fun!
If you guys make some changes I would love to learn from you.
And thank you my dear Polish friend!
---
Regards,
Jason Brower

Screenshot-1.png
web2py.app.semaPrinter.tar

Alexandre Andrade

Mar 1, 2009, 2:11:02 PM3/1/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
where I find the module Image?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/web2py/gluon/restricted.py", line 98, in restricted
exec ccode in environment
File "/home/web2py/applications/semaprinter/controllers/default.py", line 4, in <module>
import Image
ImportError: No module named Image

2009/3/1 Jason Brower <enco...@gmail.com>

--