1.69.1 is OUT

1 view

mdipierro

Oct 28, 2009, 5:08:29 PM10/28/09
to web2py-users
Please check it form mistakes.

There many many new features in trunk. too many that I do not have the
time to describe them all.
Here is a partial list:

1)
Lots of new DAL API described briefly here:

http://www.web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/248

2)
Support for legacy databases and non id primary key. This works with
MSSQL and, I think, Ingres. Anyway, Denes will explain more in a
subsequent email.

3)
response.keywords, response.description,response.author are
deprecated. They will continue work with your existing apps and
layout. Instead you should now use

response.meta.keywords, reponse.meta.description,
response.meta.author, ....

They are automatically embedded in the header when you {{include
'web2py_ajax.html'}}.

4) If a controller needs a special css or js file it can now do:

response.files.append(URL
(request.application,'static','yourfile.css'))
response.files.append(URL
(request.application,'static','yourfile.js'))

and they will be included on demand by {{include 'web2py_ajax.html'}}

5) experimental plugin mechanism with admin functionality to pack,
unpack and delete plugins.
More on this later. "experimental" because I have not had time to
discuss detains with some users and there was not complete agreement.

mr.freeze

Oct 28, 2009, 5:41:55 PM10/28/09
to web2py-users
With each keystroke web2py grows stronger...

Jason Brower

Oct 28, 2009, 6:06:38 PM10/28/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I mean, woah, gees cool...

rondevu

Oct 28, 2009, 9:16:01 PM10/28/09
to web2py-users
Woohoo ..

Renato-ES-Brazil

Oct 28, 2009, 9:41:17 PM10/28/09
to web2py-users
Cool! :-)

Could you put warnings related to those deprecated methods (item 3)?

mdipierro

Oct 28, 2009, 9:44:56 PM10/28/09
to web2py-users
I cannot because they are not method and there is no reference to the
old keywords in the new web2py.
The are still in your old layout.html and that guarantees backward
compatibility.

weheh

Oct 29, 2009, 12:34:25 AM10/29/09
to web2py-users
I presume we should download a new web2py_ajax.html, yes? If so, where
is this located?

mdipierro

Oct 29, 2009, 12:50:09 AM10/29/09
to web2py-users
run the new web2py with --upgrade=yes and you can find
web2py_ajax.html in the applications/welcome/views/

mdipierro

Oct 29, 2009, 12:50:33 AM10/29/09
to web2py-users
of course it is already there for new apps after you install 1.69.1