latest trunk reads web2py tweets

mdipierro

May 6, 2009, 2:42:33 PM5/6/09
to web2py Web Framework
The new admin site page does no just deply to the Google App engine.
It also reads the web2py tweets!

Massimo

mdipierro

May 6, 2009, 2:54:55 PM5/6/09
to web2py Web Framework
def twitter():
session.forget()
import gluon.tools
import gluon.contrib.simplejson as sj
page = gluon.tools.fetch('http://twitter.com/web2py?format=json')
return sj.loads(page)['#timeline']

Tim Michelsen

May 6, 2009, 6:30:09 PM5/6/09
to web...@googlegroups.com

> The new admin site page does no just deply to the Google App engine.
> It also reads the web2py tweets!
I wonder why you are not using the feeds provided by Launchpad:
http://feeds.launchpad.net/web2py/announcements.atom
http://feeds.launchpad.net/web2py/branches.atom
http://feeds.launchpad.net/web2py/latest-bugs.atom
http://feeds.launchpad.net/web2py/revisions.atom

mdipierro

May 7, 2009, 1:16:18 AM5/7/09
to web2py Web Framework
because we'll be moving to mercurial and off launchpad soon

Baron

May 7, 2009, 8:24:45 PM5/7/09
to web2py Web Framework
On May 7, 3:16 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> because we'll be moving to mercurial and off launchpad soon

how come?
I'm currently deciding on hosting for a project and was leaning
towards bitbucket (mercurial). What were the drawbacks of launchpad
and the expected advantages of mercurial?

Richard

mdipierro

May 7, 2009, 9:57:35 PM5/7/09
to web2py Web Framework
It is a slug.

Yarko Tymciurak

May 7, 2009, 10:53:50 PM5/7/09
to web...@googlegroups.com

Launchpad has a nice layout and nice features;

Bazaar has given me all sorts of problems - particularly behind a proxy...  inconsistent problems, and been there for a long (relatively - year?)  time.

Mercurial is realatively faster (think orders of magnitude);
Mercurial doesn't seem to give me the trouble bzr has.

Note:  Google code is adding mercurial support after Google I/O the end of this month (it's in preview now; search for the announcement).

Also - Python has made the decision to move to mercurial.

All of these various factors have weighed in over time.

Richard