web2py 1.68.1 is OUT

mdipierro

Oct 20, 2009, 1:56:28 PM10/20/09
to web2py-users
Please try it!

1.68.1
New cron
New hindi and spanish translation
cached uploads allow for progress bars (thanks AndCycle)
ingres support (thanks Chris)
legacy database support for db2, mssql with non-int primary keys
(thanks Denes)
default setting of content-type (this may cause strange behavior in
old apps when downloading images)
IS_UPPER and IS_LOWER works with unicode
CLENUP not takes regex of allowed/now allowed chartares
New rewrite.py allows dynamic routes
Better error messages for IS_INT_* and IS_FLOAT_*

Massimo

cesmiga

Oct 20, 2009, 11:49:39 PM10/20/09
to web2py-users
Massimo,

Excellent news about Ingres support in Web2Py. There is no other web
framework that supports as many databases that I know of. Just a
reminder, would you have someone add Ingres information to the home
page at...

http://www.web2py.com/

Thanks,
Christopher

william wang

Oct 21, 2009, 12:05:27 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
I am not running it properly~ I don't know why.
I download the latest source code. Upzip.Run:

python web2py.py
the browser auto startup.
Show "Invalid Request"
And the console:

"""

web2py william$ python web2py.py
WARNING:root:unable to import dbhash
default applications appear to be installed already
web2py Enterprise Web Framework
Created by Massimo Di Pierro, Copyright 2007-2009
Version 1.68.1 (2009-10-20 12:32:55)
Database drivers available: SQLite3
Starting cron...
please visit:
http://127.0.0.1:8000
starting browser...in 5 seconds
TkMacOSXDoHLEvent failed : cppe 1 ,kHighLevelEvent
61657674 0000 tvea,-1708
WARNING:root:WEB2PY CRON: cron.master not found at /Users/william/
Works/web2py/applications/admin/cron/cron.master. Trying to re-create.
ERROR:root:WEB2PY CRON: Unable to re-create cron.master, cron
functionality likely not available

"""

Any ideas?

william wang

Oct 21, 2009, 12:12:15 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
Sorry, my bad. It's working great!

mdipierro

Oct 21, 2009, 1:03:04 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
we officially have a Ingres expert (Chris Clark). he is listed in the
who page. I will ad Ingres support to the main page asap.

weheh

Oct 21, 2009, 1:07:25 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
The best keeps getting better! Where can we find doc on new
capabilities?

mdipierro

Oct 21, 2009, 1:14:43 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
Not written yet. Sorry. Except for

New hindi and spanish translation
ingres support (thanks Chris)
cached uploads allow for progress bars (thanks AndCycle)
legacy database support for db2, mssql with non-int primary keys
(thanks Denes)

the other things are mostly internal rewrites. I believe there are
threads for the last two issues.

Hope I am not forgetting something important.

Massimo

mr.freeze

Oct 21, 2009, 2:30:05 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
Not very important but there is now DIV.elements to grab elements by
tag or attribute:

text = form.elements("input",_type="text")
for t in text:
t['_size']="50"

...you can grab by multiple tags or attributes...

Álvaro Justen [Turicas]

Oct 21, 2009, 5:26:15 AM10/21/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
We should mantain a page "versions" on the wiki with a link to each
version information, talking about the changes.
What do you think?
Any volunteer?
--
Álvaro Justen
Peta5 - Telecomunicações e Software Livre

mdipierro

Oct 21, 2009, 9:29:21 AM10/21/09
to web2py-users
Once yarko proposes generate the pages automatically from README. I
like the idea but I need to cleanup readme a bit first. Will try later
today.

On Oct 21, 4:26 am, Álvaro Justen [Turicas] <alvarojus...@gmail.com>

Alex Fanjul

Oct 21, 2009, 11:25:31 AM10/21/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Any (updated) comparison with main databases involving Ingres? I couldnt
find so much...
alex f
--
Alejandro Fanjul Fdez.
alex....@gmail.com

Alex Fanjul

Oct 21, 2009, 1:19:33 PM10/21/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
I think this is important in deed, overall for design and user
experience purposes...
thanks for remind it,
Alex F

Tim Michelsen

Nov 3, 2009, 4:15:24 PM11/3/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> legacy database support for db2, mssql with non-int primary keys
> (thanks Denes)

Does this also work with SQLite?

Best regards,
Timmie