Cron @reboot can't call script?

Fran

Aug 12, 2009, 6:31:36 PM8/12/09
to web2py-users
Should cron's @reboot be able to call a script or can it just call a
controller function?

The docs just show a controller function for this mode:
http://www.web2py.com/examples/default/cron

I'd like to be able to call an external script instead...this isn't
working even for very simple scripts though.
(The scripts run fine when called manually)

I tried both syntaxes shown in the docs:
@reboot root *applications/sahana/cron/test.py
@reboot * * * * root *applications/sahana/cron/test.py

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I've tried on both XP (with Service & with Source) & Linux with Apache/
WSGI
- how should @reboot work in the latter environment?

XP with source, I just get this error:
WARNING:root:WEB2PY CRON Call returned code 1:
Which isn't erribly helpful...

Hasanat Kazmi

Aug 13, 2009, 3:32:06 AM8/13/09
to web2py-users
This isn't a big problem. I placed my script in cron folder (same as
crontab) and added this line
@reboot script.py
It worked....

Hasanat Kazmi

Aug 13, 2009, 4:04:10 PM8/13/09
to web2py-users
sorry, It didn't work for me either.
I thought in first place that it is working but it wasnt.. problem is
still open.