URGENT! Apache FCGI config

voltron

Jan 20, 2009, 4:27:57 AM1/20/09
to web2py Web Framework
Does anyone have an apache example FCGI config script for me?

Thanks

Phyo Arkar

Jan 20, 2009, 7:04:25 AM1/20/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
You would like to use WSGI for Apache. FCGI for Lighthttpd and Cherokee.

Timothy Farrell

Jan 20, 2009, 8:43:08 AM1/20/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
I recently discussed this on the list. Dreamhost uses FCGI.

http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/9e2c4d843af11ed4/c4e92e64c6c00007?lnk=gst&q=dreamhost#c4e92e64c6c00007

Take a look.

-tim

--
Timothy Farrell <tfar...@swgen.com>
Computer Guy

voltron

Jan 21, 2009, 10:03:36 AM1/21/09
to web2py Web Framework
Thanks Timothy for your help. I got it to work somewhat based on your
files and tutorial.
One thing though, I dad to modify the dispatch.fcgi file as in:

#!/usr/bin/env python2.5

import os
import sys

WEB2PY_PATH = os.path.normpath('/path to web2py/')
os.chdir(WEB2PY_PATH)

if not WEB2PY_PATH in sys.path:
sys.path.append(WEB2PY_PATH)

from gluon.main import wsgibase
import gluon.contrib.gateways.fcgi
from gluon.contrib.gateways.fcgi import WSGIServer

if __name__ == '__main__':
WSGIServer(wsgibase).run()

Is this of importance? Is it correct to import WSGIServer from "FCGI?"
I find this very strange. in your original dispatch fle, you just
import "WSGIServer" which my system could not find at all

Thanks

Timothy Farrell

Jan 21, 2009, 11:32:47 AM1/21/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's correct.

gluon.contrib.gateways.fcgi is an adapter. It looks like fcgi to apache but wsgi to web2py.

Glad you got it working.