logging approach

Richard

Jun 8, 2009, 10:13:25 PM6/8/09
to web2py Web Framework
hi,

I want to log some requests and came across a thread describing
potential problems with the logging module:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/3870cb582ab1b9ba/d4294ff1d77d7ac4

I would rather not manually use open(file, 'w').write(...), so what
would you suggest as alternative?

Massimo hinted:
"Perhaps there should be a logging command in web2py to avoid the
problems with the logging module. "
Has there been any development on this?

Richard

mdipierro

Jun 8, 2009, 11:04:21 PM6/8/09
to web2py Web Framework
I forgot. Thanks for bringing this up. Let me give it some thought.

Massimo

On Jun 8, 9:13 pm, Richard <richar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I want to log some requests and came across a thread describing
> potential problems with the logging module:http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/3870cb582a...

cjparsons

Jun 10, 2009, 12:28:20 PM6/10/09
to web2py Web Framework
I was involved in the older thread and went ahead used the logging
module and haven't had any problems logging to file and to MySQL. I
did a bit more research and think it's thread safe. But I haven't had
many concurrent users so YMMV.

Chris