web2py 1.71.1 is OUT

mdipierro

Nov 4, 2009, 11:39:42 AM11/4/09
to web2py-users
Includes:

Some bug fixes
French translation, thanks Olivier
A complete rewrite or the Rows object that make web2py faster and
smaller
DALStorage is renamed Row
Now you can call web DAL form any Python program

from gluon.sql import DAL, Field
db=DAL('sqlite://storage',folder='/path/to/databases/folder/')
db.define_table(....)
etc. etc.

You can also use the template language from any Python program

from gluon.template import render
print render(content="{{=x}}", context=dict(x='hello world'))

Please report any bug.

Massimo

Iceberg

Nov 7, 2009, 12:28:13 PM11/7/09
to web2py-users
One typo. In Rows.__getslice__(), there is a "seld.db" which should be
"self.db".

By the way, one of my app relied on Rows._db is broken now, but not a
big deal, I can adjust it to use Rows.db instead. I know all
Class._foo naming convention indicates it is an internal variable so
no backward compatibility is guarantted.

Álvaro Justen [Turicas]

Nov 7, 2009, 9:28:21 PM11/7/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
The last two features are very good!
In some way, it turns web2py more modular and we can get more people
using web2py or parts of it.
Congratulations!

--
Álvaro Justen